Amdah fel Batool

Hey,

I am looking for a recording of amdah fel batool by anba  Youanees. Can anyone please help me find it.

Thank You and God Bless

Comments

• Dont worry guys found it!!

btw, just looking at the video's... what do you guys think of the clappig, yelling, multiple daffs and the weird noise thing the ladys make? Just out of curiosity....

God Bless

• Shouldn't happen in church, but some argue that it's ok for people to be in their crude nature whilst in church. There should be some respect though in my opinion...
    Oujai
  • I think it should be kept outside of the church as an expression of joy (especially in wedding receptions and such).

Also, the weird noise is called "ululation" in English lol
  • wow, thanks for sharing that!
    i missed that interview.
    i have to change my habits!
    :o

i suppose we can still ululate in the church hall after the wedding / ordination etc.
    does anyone know if people used to ululate in the 'old days' in church?
    is it a modern thing?
    not that i can ululate well, but i'll stop trying to improve it now if i won't be using it...
    ;)
  • The word ululation sounds like ovulation, lets abstain from using this word, since it may trigger lustful thoughts
  • [quote author=guy link=topic=13992.msg161861#msg161861 date=1355180642]
    The word ululation sounds like ovulation, lets abstain from using this word, since it may trigger lustful thoughts

Actually, that word is best fit for the action. It is only if you think with that kind of mind that it will feel uncomfortable.
  • Ovulation is a benign medical term. There is nothing lustful about it. It's like saying "be fruitful and multiple" may trigger lustful thoughts.

Ululation on the other, is defined as "a long, loud emotional utterance". It is often a lamentation, except in the Middle East where it expresses (1) joy and (2) honor for the person (which is why ululation is done in funerals). But in each case the ululation is foreign to Church ritual and tradition. I have yet to find anyone give a spiritual explanation for ululation (even though we find patristic writings against such foreign and "theatrical" sounds in church).

What bothers me the most is that ululation is always done while the deacons are singing appropriate hymns. It's one thing to express joy with ululation, it's another thing completely when people choose ululation over hymns. That is why Pope Tawadros and the Coptic Synod decided to forbid ululation and speaking in church.
  • Thanks for letting me know, I have a perverted mind
  • [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=13992.msg161801#msg161801 date=1355043809]

btw, just looking at the video's... what do you guys think of the clappig, yelling, multiple daffs and the weird noise thing the ladys make? Just out of curiosity....

What about the multiple daffs at once? I personally cannot stand it when there are 3 people playing the daff at the same time. It makes it seem like a performance rather than praise and then people smile and talk about how its "so sick"
  • Yh I agree. There needs to be clarification and warning around this topic to all deacons and people because this stuff turns it away form prayer to a party, and the church ain't the place for a party.
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=13992.msg162062#msg162062 date=1355770273]
    [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=13992.msg161801#msg161801 date=1355043809]

What about the multiple daffs at once? I personally cannot stand it when there are 3 people playing the daff at the same time. It makes it seem like a performance rather than praise and then people smile and talk about how its "so sick"

TO ME, if they play in sync and it sounds good, i don't mind how many they play....cuz this way they just sound 'louder' and since people are louder at those time, this is good.
  • But the thing is that they forget why the daf is used... to keep the chorus in time with each other. It isn't supposed to be banged really hard to get people pumped up, this only distracts away from the prayer... which we are there for

God Bless