NHD!! HELP--ASAP!!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have a National History Day Project due Friday, December 16, 2011. I basically have to write a 2500 word essay on a topic relating to this year's theme: Revolution, Reaction, Reform in History.
I have to use more than 20 sources, including 5 primary sources and the rest secondary. I must use these sources: newspapers, books, magazines, and more.

So can anyone help me pick a topic that can be interesting, beneficial, and easy to find sources for? I was thinking to do something relating to our Church's history but I can't think of anything relating to the theme and if I'll be able to find lots of sources. I also thought of doing it on some reformation or revolution in the formation of another church like Mormons or Protestants, so that I can learn about them (to answer them :) ), and maybe I can find lots of sources for them. What do you guys think? Please help me ASAP.

THANKS!

Comments

• [quote author=drilago99 link=topic=12661.msg148710#msg148710 date=1323304493]
    I have a National History Day Project due Friday, December 16, 2011. I basically have to write a 2500 word essay on a topic relating to this year's theme: Revolution, Reaction, Reform in History.
    I have to use more than 20 sources, including 5 primary sources and the rest secondary. I must use these sources: newspapers, books, magazines, and more.

So can anyone help me pick a topic that can be interesting, beneficial, and easy to find sources for? I was thinking to do something relating to our Church's history but I can't think of anything relating to the theme and if I'll be able to find lots of sources. I also thought of doing it on some reformation or revolution in the formation of another church like Mormons or Protestants, so that I can learn about them (to answer them :) ), and maybe I can find lots of sources for them. What do you guys think? Please help me ASAP.

THANKS!

Yeah you suggested some good ideas. Another one I can think of is the revolution that has been happening in Egypt / the middle east.
  • ...as it relates to the Coptics.
  • However, the most recent of the ones I listed is Mormons, which is like 2 centuries ago. I don't think I'll be able to find primary evidence easily for this. As for the Egyptian Revolution, my friend is doing this one and I don't want to do the same thing as him :\ . Very good Idea though. Any suggestion guys? You guys are the pro-Coptic people. I need help lol.
  • Actually I'm probably going to do Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation. i found primary sources online for it. Anyway, I am required to pick a specific "issue" from the topic. I must narrow down my topic. Can someone then help me to narrow it down?

Examplex from NHD website:
    Topic: Battles
    Issue: The Battle of Gettysburg

Topic: Suffrage Movement
    Issue/Individual: Alice Paul

So I'm guessing mine would be this?:
    Topic: Protestantism
    Issue/individual: ??????

THANKS!!
  • Well just a suggestion for the Protestant idea: I heard that Martin Luther's beliefs differ greatly from current protestant beliefs.
    Compare this list to current beliefs:
    [list type=decimal]
    [li]"[She is the] highest woman and the noblest gem in Christianity after Christ . . . She is nobility, wisdom, and holiness personified. We can never honor her enough. Still honor and praise must be given to her in such a way as to injure neither Christ nor the Scriptures. (Sermon, Christmas, 1531)." [/li]
    [li]"It is a sweet and pious belief that the infusion of Mary's soul was effected without original sin; so that in the very infusion of her soul she was also purified from original sin and adorned with God's gifts, receiving a pure soul infused by God; thus from the first moment she began to live she was free from all sin" (Sermon: "On the Day of the Conception of the Mother of God," 1527)."[/li][/list]

P.S. Just to point out that he said it - "I feel much freer now that I am certain the pope is the Antichrist. Martin Luther"