A really important video to watch.

edited November 2011 in Faith Issues
This video I am about to show you is imperative to take it in with all seriousness because I believe that its somewhat true, you must watch it.

This video is about a girl who went to hell and heaven for a total of 23 hours realized the importance of repentance.

<<<In english

If you truely love God, you would watch this, even if its 80 min.

Comments

• CopticStrength,

Why do you so strongly believe that this video testimony is true?
  • Okay, here is my side on things:

I think that it is true mainly because based on what I read in Tamav Irene's book,  she encountered a familiar experience. She described the two places similarly to what the girl described.

I also know that it is true because her way of words. Some people might not notice, but the way she talks about her 'experience' in hell, does not contradict any information that God has revealed to us about the place. She is telling us to repent, not to keep sinning. She also said that God is coming right away. So we should stop sinning because we are making him cry over our sins and we will live in eternal fire.

I cant find anything she said that contradicts the bible, or any teachings. Can you find anything?

Yes, the girl is normal in a sense of society, but she had a strong relationship with God after repenting and she asked God to see Him. He just didnt pick a random girl to see this, but she saw this stuff for a reason: and that is to tell us (the people on earth) to repent.

I might have sounded a little protestant saying that the devil will stop you from watching this. But I said that because even though you might not believe that everything she said was true, the message of this video is powerful because it says to repent because you still have a chance, which the devil trys to stop us from doing.

I know that no matter how much I will try to convince anyone here that I think the video is true, I know that there wll be doubts, but others will believe. Thats my main reason of posting it here.
  • Read the Bible for 80 minutes .. much better.
  • I don't feel comfortable watching/reading/listening to unorthodox material.

On a side note: I want to audition for those English voice-over videos. It seems they're on a shortage.
  • Just giving my two cents, but abouna Bishoy at my church said that this video is not true and that it is by a protestant. Decide what you want to decide but I also like imikhail's idea:
    [quote author=imikhail link=topic=12542.msg147155#msg147155 date=1320686983]
    Read the Bible for 80 minutes .. much better.
  • Hmm.....maybe I need to study more than to waste time thinking about these things.

Oh well. True or not true, I don't think it will matter nor affect anyone as a society...it might affect someone individually, but not as a society.

I still believe that it is somewhat true, but I should have thought this through before posting it!

Maybe I should to stick to Pope Shenouda's books, instead :)
  • Good idea! ;)
  • CopticStrength, the reason I asked you is because my gut reaction to these things is that they are bogus. I wanted to know why you were so determined that it was real.

You reminded me of a man at my church who started talking to me about how he was having surgery and saw heaven and Jesus, etc. He said he was actually dead (he learned this when he awoke and the doctor told him). It was during this time he saw heaven. I did not believe him and still don't believe what he told me. Without getting into details, his story didn't add up.

So, am I wrong for reacting with disbelief rather than belief? Is it bad that I am skeptical?

• Andrew,

I know you're addressing your question to CopticStrength, but if I may...

The Bible teaches us to be 'wise but simple'. Believing everything you're told isn't wise (more innocent than anything), and being skeptical to everything you're told isn't simple.

If that guy from your church would've told me his post surgery story, I would've believed him. I don't have any reason not to, unless, like you said, his story didn't add up at all.

Usually if something is from an Orthodox source, I don't question it's validity as much as if it were unorthodox. Unfortunately the Orthodox people (esp the Egyptians!) aren't always a perfect source either (ie St. Mary appearing in Bayonne) as we like to take little things and turn them into a big deal ;)

So I think reacting with disbelief rather than belief depends on 1) the source (for me, it's Orthodox vs not Orthodox) 2) consistency and 3) whether or not it contradicts common sense ;) 

But if you're really gullible, like me, you wouldn't think to put stories through the test, because... well why would I assume everyone I talk to is lying to me?  ::)
  • Hi, just passing by..

I've seen the number 23 being used before; check this:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=23+minutes+in+hell+movie&aq=2&oq=23+minutes+in+hell
    coincidence?

One may only imagine how hell would look like, but going there then back?  ???

I think it's a one way ticket (God forbid and save us all).

GBU