How to properly dispose of Qorban?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
So last week in church Abouna gave me an extra big chunk of baraka that I was sure I wasn't gonna finish. And well, it's been quite a bit now and it's just sitting on my desk and it's too hard to eat. So I was just wondering if there is any proper way to dispose of it, since I know it's been prayed on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Is this really the only way? Gotta find a fire then lol thanks for the response.
  • Give it to someone else.
  • Always share your baraka in Church  ;)
    I was taught to put in the backyard for animals/the soil.
  • I was always taught that one should bury it.
  • Generaly, I have heard of main ways to dispose of it.

1) Burn it
    2) Put in soil and let it be taken as a nutrient for the ground or for animals to eat.
    3) Put it in a bowl of water untill it dissolves, then dump it on soil, or into flowing water (like a river).

I personally go for the 3 one becase the first makes me feel evil. As for the second, Im used to (if i find something holy on the ground) picking it up, and kisssing it, so doing th reverse just feels wrong. The third works for me.

St. Isaiah of Scete used to eat dried orbana with ashes from the censer as his food, but i dont recommend this haha

-ReturnOrthodoxy
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

Isn't burning only for the Holy Mysteries? Since the orban is not the Holy Body of Christ, what reason would there be burn it? I would think burying or giving away the orban would be the more appropriate solution.
  • No, dont think you need to burn it as its not holy communion. 

My suggestion and personal favorite is to soak it in black tea to soften and then ingest. Very therapeutic.
  • [quote author=coptic-knight link=topic=12195.msg146390#msg146390 date=1319282994]
    No, dont think you need to burn it as its not holy communion. 

My suggestion and personal favorite is to soak it in black tea to soften and then ingest. Very therapeutic.

anything that is used in the sanctuary, any specifically things that are put on the altar should be burned.......but i do like suggestion.  :)