is this right?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
the fact i use to be muslim now i am coptic and people still judge one example is this girls mom who i love dearly her mom is mad cause i sinned in the past with anthor girl basically i commited adultry but the girl who i love  i told her everything i held nothing back from her!

so now her mom will not even listen to her about me just cause my past does jesus not teach forgive and forget?

but then people might say it is gods will that she is not approving of me just because of my past how is that gods will like that is judgement of the past toward me so gods will is judgement?

i think not how is any of this fair? and if i tell her this is not right then all of a sudden i look like the bad guy and will look like i am trying to bring her aganst her own mom.

i want to marry this girl but her mom says no her mom is wrong but we wont marry cause her mom says no i need help what can i do what can she do

how is it disobeying god when she wants to marry me nd her mom is saying no purley on the past mistakes  i made?

i dont want to be misrable forever she is the only girl i love any other girl is a lie

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

Seriously man, get over it. You've posted over 10 threads about this same topic. Grow up and move on. There's more to life than this. Focus on your spiritual life, growing more in Christ and then, once Christ knows you love Him, He will bless you with the one you are meant to be with.
  • I feel for you man, don't listen to Caiphas he's just a keyboard cowboy, hiding behind the anonymity of his computer. That is the only reason he speaks like he does.

DC is correct, you should all sit down with Abouna and talk, be patient and understanding.
  • People come and people go. Your relationship with God is the only one that really matters, because it's the only one that will last forever. Work on that, try to make it the best you can and the most important one, and you will be blessed beyond measure no matter what happens with your romantic life.  And always remember the words from the gospel of Matthew: "Sufficient for the day is its own trouble", and try not to worry so much about this or that if there is some situation that you do not like that is out of your control. Only God is ever in control anyway.
  • Dude, enjoy your signle life while you still have it, don't rush to marry. Trust me, a lot of things are taken away from you when you marry. Don't rush it.
  • Cephas is right. You keep asking the same question over and over wanting someone to validate your emotional struggle, to vindicate you for what this girl's mom or other Copts have done to you, to confirm the racism about your past life and Muslim background which you believe is the cause of your trouble. You're looking for someone to say go ahead, elope, run away from these people and you'll find what you're looking for. The problem, Bigee, is that heavenly blessings only comes from your direct relationship with God. And "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

I hate to be so subtle but if you concentrate so much on getting married, you'll miss the beauty of the single life, the opportunity to concentrate on Christ, and the meaning of marriage in its entirety. So yes, grow up and move on. Learn what St Paul says and copy him: "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." 1 Cor 13:11.
  • you have to consider somthing bigeee......for as much as you have free-will to do what you want, to feel the way you want to feel, to live the way you want to live life, other people have the exact amount of free-will. They can do what pleases them. they can accept you as a friend or as a husband........you can't force someone to do somthing.

for your case specificly, you have to hear this lecture by H.G. Bishop Poula: 3 - Reasons for Marriage
    where he clearly says "when you marry someone, you marry them as they are, with their problems, mistakes, faults and family."
  • I do not know you or her that well to say this but it looks her mom and your FoC(s) should seriously give you both a good opportunity. Have you asked your priest to speak to their priest one more time?

The important thing to consider also is that may be Christ wants you for Him more than you for her. I mean I feel that Jesus wants you saved because of your decision, your conviction of your faith in Him without it being on any other associated condition. So seek Him fully first and trust He will provide you with all the other things you need. He is our loving, powerful and wise God.

GBU