Exclusive Interview with Cantor Ibrahim Ayad

Comments

• Where can I hear / purchase recordings by this Arsani gentleman?
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11631.msg139808#msg139808 date=1308353644]
    Where can I hear / purchase recordings by this Arsani gentleman?

http://www.alhan.org/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=30
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11631.msg139807#msg139807 date=1308351058]
    No, Arsani Sidarous is not his son! Arsani is Abouna Louka's son.

Ibrahim Ayad has two sons: Antoun and Mina.

Unworthy1 was just making a reference to compare who in the United States is comparable to Ibrahim Ayad or in other words, trying to find the "Ibrahim Ayad of the US."

he also have Mariam
  • When will we know which questions got selected? The day of the interview or will there be a list somewhere?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11631.msg139815#msg139815 date=1308357964]
    When will we know which questions got selected? The day of the interview or will there be a list somewhere?

oh.....i am not sure....but i think all the question will be organized and translated with some other questions some ppl have here and you'll find out when you watch the interview.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11631.msg139816#msg139816 date=1308358767]
    [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11631.msg139815#msg139815 date=1308357964]
    When will we know which questions got selected? The day of the interview or will there be a list somewhere?

oh.....i am not sure....but i think all the question will be organized and translated with some other questions some ppl have here and you'll find out when you watch the interview.

Ok, cool. Thanks. How long will it be? Do you know?
  • Why is it that in the Verses of the Cymbals for feasts, the verses for the feast are chanted before shere ne maria (verses for St. Mary), but in the Great Fast, the verses for the cymbals of the fast are chanted after shere ne maria? Example for the feast of the Resurrection, Apixristoc is chanted before shere ne maria in the verses of the cymbals, but in the Great Fast, Apenchois is chanted after shere ne maria?
  • [quote author=ToLiveIsChrist&ToDieIsGain link=topic=11631.msg139820#msg139820 date=1308370411]
    Why is it that in the Verses of the Cymbals for feasts, the verses for the feast are chanted before shere ne maria (verses for St. Mary), but in the Great Fast, the verses for the cymbals of the fast are chanted after shere ne maria? Example for the feast of the Resurrection, Apixristoc is chanted before shere ne maria in the verses of the cymbals, but in the Great Fast, Apenchois is chanted after shere ne maria?

that's actually a  weird question.....but not a bad one. i think a fast have it's own rite compared to other occasions like feasts.
  • PLease please please ensure that you record this interview & make it available for downloading, I don't live in the US & unfortunately time difference will be a problem, so please record it & make it available for downloading, thanks.
  • please ask him: why does he feel so free to change how the original hymns are sung and create confusion among churches by the way he teaches the hymns differently?
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139885#msg139885 date=1308426271]
    please ask him: why does he feel so free to change how the original hymns are sung and create confusion among churches by the way he teaches the hymns differently?

Because he is trying to pray the words in the correct pronunciation. Just like we pronounce the words in Arabic and English in the correct way, so we should also for the Coptic. Why is everyone making a big deal with the way he is changing the pronunciation (he is NOT changing the hymns like everyone thinks he is) when Albair works with people who have PhDs and they pronounce the words like he is right now?
  • if you want to play the technical card.. nobody is "technically" saying it the right way.. the right way of saying coptic is the saeedy way (if you even kno wat i am talking about). and i am not talking about the pronunciation. i am talking about the hazzat and the way he sings the hymns
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139897#msg139897 date=1308431226]
    if you want to play the technical card.. nobody is "technically" saying it the right way.. the right way of saying coptic is the saeedy way (if you even kno wat i am talking about). and i am not talking about the pronunciation. i am talking about the hazzat and the way he sings the hymns

First of all, I'm not playing the technical card. Secondly, how do you know that the "the right way of saying coptic is the saeedy way?" That is a very bold statement to make, don't you think?

And he doesn't change the hymns; he just changes the pronunciation. I've compared some of his newer and older recordings and the older recordings of other sources as well and the hazzat are the same but just the pronunciation is different.
  • i am not gonna give a history lesson about the coptic language but just trust me when i say that the saeedy way is the oldest and closest way to the orginal coptic. and wat he does is change both  hazzat and how he says the words. one example is allioluia fai pa be. he completly changes the way it ends. unlike how higher insitiute and other moo3aleem do it.  thats just 1 example of many
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139885#msg139885 date=1308426271]
    please ask him: why does he feel so free to change how the original hymns are sung and create confusion among churches by the way he teaches the hymns differently?

ohh.....you know what....how about just telling [him] that you just don't know anything and we just don't trust you....stop recording and stop spreading good recordings of hymns....
    i am sorry.....but this is really what we are telling him except we are hiding behind confusing "questions"

[quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139908#msg139908 date=1308452645]
    i am not gonna give a history lesson about the coptic language but just trust me when i say that the saeedy way is the oldest and closest way to the orginal coptic. and wat he does is change both  hazzat and how he says the words.

what will make me trust you on what you say more than than trusting Cantor Ibrahim Ayad who have more than 30 yrs experience in what he is doing and he is chosen by his Holiness?!

one example is allioluia fai pa be. he completly changes the way it ends. unlike how higher insitiute and other moo3aleem do it.  thats just 1 example of many

that's the thing.....we all have close minds......a hazza can throw us off....a hazza can get is from the door of heaven to the door of hell (or atleast that's what we think).........

kmeka001, didn't i tell you about this and warned you enough?
  • if your teachings and the way u say ur hymns are causing fights (i seen fights in church about the correct way of saying things) it is better for u to stop singing and as u say stop recording. i highly respect him for all the hymns he knows but wat he is doing by changing hymns is completely wrong. and sorry i take the higher institute as my source because they are the ones that teach maa3aleem like ibrahem ayad.
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139912#msg139912 date=1308454572]
    and sorry i take the higher institute as my source because they are the ones that teach maa3aleem like ibrahem ayad.

hahaha....you are funny. you are saying that Ibrahim Ayad learned from HICS?!!!!! WOW!!!! just wow.......great information you have there......i would LOVE to know who told you that?
    Ibrahim Ayad TAUGHT the HICS Chorus (across many years) many rites and even recorded with them. M.Tawfik witnesses to him.....M.Fahim lived with him and taught him many hymns and actually recorded with him things that you'll never get your hands on......he was chosen by the pope to be, as ilovesaintmark puts it, "Master Cantor of the Cathedral of St. Mark. He, Ibrahim Ayad, was the person who listened and learned from M.Mikhail's recordings before they were ever released to the public on cheap cds or mp3s.........he was supported at all times by Mr Raghep Moftah........considered to be the creator of HICS.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11631.msg139909#msg139909 date=1308453514]
    kmeka001, didn't i tell you about this and warned you enough?

What are you talking about?
  • reread my post and calm down.. i said they teach moo3aleem LIKE ibrayam ayad.. i didnt say they taught him.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11631.msg139915#msg139915 date=1308455544]
    What are you talking about?

here: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,11609.msg139429.html#msg139429

[quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139916#msg139916 date=1308455647]
    reread my post and calm down.. i said they teach moo3aleem LIKE ibrayam ayad.. i didnt say they taught him.

then you just show your ignorance of how HICS chorus works.
  • so ur saying that not 1 mooalem originated from HICS?

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11631.msg139917#msg139917 date=1308455840]

and that shows ur need for arguing and quick comebacks
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=topic=11631.msg139918#msg139918 date=1308456143]
    so ur saying that not 1 mooalem originated from HICS?

nooo.....i am saying that you are mixing up people's potential . I can't say that M.Tawfik is the same as M.Fahim.....you can't even compare them to each other--tooo many factors in place.

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11631.msg139917#msg139917 date=1308455840]

and that shows ur need for arguing and quick comebacks

welll....i am not really arguing......there is no argument on your side.
  • i will b the bigger kid here and respect my self and respect you and not respond to ur ignorant and incompetent comments.
  • Am sorry to say this 'one of the many Mina's', but to me it sounds like your comments are more ignorant
  • Alright, back on topic...

Silly question, but why is Cantor Ibrahim Ayad's tonya always a slight tint of yellow while the rest of the deacons are white? I mean, surely he does it on purpose, but I always wonder, is he doing it on purpose?

Also, can you ask him if he's working with or willing to work with an international distributor to get his CDs out to more people internationally? Our Church has blossomed far outside of Egypt and we need to get his recordings out there.
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11631.msg139932#msg139932 date=1308515343]
    Alright, back on topic...

Silly question, but why is Cantor Ibrahim Ayad's tonya always a slight tint of yellow while the rest of the deacons are white? I mean, surely he does it on purpose, but I always wonder, is he doing it on purpose?
    better fabric........not on purpose....i know many deacons who were that fabric......

Also, can you ask him if he's working with or willing to work with an international distributor to get his CDs out to more people internationally? Our Church has blossomed far outside of Egypt and we need to get his recordings out there.

there is: Adel & Saad Ghattas Inc. I can get you to them if you need to make any orders.
  • 1. How long did it take you to learn all hymns you know?

2. Do you know all hymns of the Church?

3. Could you possibly record all seven verses of "Tenen"?

4. Do you have any tips for deacons trying to learn all hymns of the Church on their own?
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11631.msg139934#msg139934 date=1308515541]
    [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11631.msg139932#msg139932 date=1308515343]
    Alright, back on topic...

better fabric........not on purpose....i know many deacons who were that fabric......

Even at our church one of the deacon's tonya is that colour and even one of Abouna's tonya is that colour. I just find it too coincidental that everyone is white and then he's dead centre with a different colour, you know? Does he forbid them wearing the same material?

there is: Adel & Saad Ghattas Inc. I can get you to them if you need to make any orders.
    Do they have a website or something?
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11631.msg139940#msg139940 date=1308517949]
    Even at our church one of the deacon's tonya is that colour and even one of Abouna's tonya is that colour. I just find it too coincidental that everyone is white and then he's dead centre with a different colour, you know? Does he forbid them wearing the same material?
    hmmm...i don't think he can do that. actually when i prayed with him, he was wearing a normal white tonia with a regular badrashel cuz he didn't have his usual tonia........

Do they have a website or something?
    no site.....he is a wholesale distributor of CDs, DVDs, VHSs, and other christian things from egypt. ask your bookstore to contact me on my email and i'll them to him.....even thoo i really doubt that they don't know that there is a distributor. 
  • [quote author=mshenouda link=topic=11631.msg139937#msg139937 date=1308516548]
    3. Could you possibly record all seven verses of "Tenen"?

there are only four parts in tenen.....