My Best friend betrayed me...help...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys, my best friend, was like my sister, we did everything together. all my other friends told me tht she wasn't sincere or honest but she was sooo king with me. But i told her that i liked this guy, and as best friends i didn't think she would ever betray me...but she did. But wen he left to study in the states she dumped our friendship and now we don't talk. And i found out from other ppl that the only reason why she got to know me was to get to know if i had a boyfriend, or ever did. But i told her that as a Christian and Coptic Orthodox girl that i don't believe in things like those. She couldn't find anything bad on me so she told the boy that i liked , the way i felt about him, and on top of that she made up bad things about me. I heard she did this to a couple of other ppl. But i never thought she would do something like this to me. I care about him, and i feel that he does too, but i feel that my best friend messed up any chance there was, by portraying me as another person. However i no the boy is too smart to believe her...but i'm scared, because i care about him and i don't wanna lose him. Please help me.

~Cookie~

Comments

• Hmm..quite a story you have there girl.

Well, being a girl with emotions and that completely understands what your saying, I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you to "forget him," because simple that just doesn't happen althought we might want it to. If you know you care about him, and think he too might be feeling the same way, then the best thing to do in my opinion is to stay good friends at this stage. Stay in contact with him and if he returns the friendship by that you will know whether or not he really cares, or whether he believes your friend.

Now about your friend, I guess that all that has already happened, you can't do much, but you do now know what kind of a girl she is and therefore, can keep your distance. She obviously and unfortunately does not value your friendship, or anyone elses in that matter and you just wisely choose others who will be true friends to you. That will willingly and truthworthily keep your secrets, that are your emotions and inner most feelings etc. I don't say hate this girl thought, I'm sure she's still growing, but just take this as an optimistic experience of how to know and choose the right friends.

In the end girl, if this guy isn't the one for you (and we don't ever know now) then it's not the end of the world, guys come and go, the most important issue in this situation, are your friendships, they are the ones that stay for life. :) Trust me. ;)

God Bless you and help you...
    All Love Sister in Christ..Maz
  • Hey cookie, i know what you are going through. its hard to be betrayed by a best friend, one that you trust very much. that happened to me, people , especially my mom, were always telling me that she cant be trusted, but i was like no, shes not like that. until after a couple of years did i experience for my self wat kind of person she really was.

Just tank God that you found out now, before things got worse and trust me, they can.

As for the guy, it all depends on how old you are.

Im sure that you will find another friend that you will grow very close with and have a very long relationship with, i did.

I never tell anyone everything about me. No one knows me well. (my best friend is gonna kill me for saying that) Im not saying not to trust someone, im saying that dont completely give yourself to someone, cause you never know whats gonna happen. ive seen years of strong friendship relationships go down the drain, a lot because of a guy too. i always say that no guy is worth the break up of a friendship, but some people think otherwise.

Keep in mind that God is always your friend, He is always there for you and knows what your going through. Talk to him, you will find peace. If you even wanna yell go ahead, i know that helps me. There is no greater friend than Jesus Christ.