is Egypt under God's judgement now?..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello my Egyptian friends!
may i express my heart felt sympathy for your people at this difficult time.
some folks believe that this difficult time in Egypt has something to do with God's judgement on the nation of Egypt.
what should i say to them?

Comments

• [quote author=lightening link=topic=10609.msg129289#msg129289 date=1296601448]
    some folks believe that this difficult time in Egypt has something to do with God's judgement on the nation of Egypt.

what are they talking about......we are going though hard times but what's the big deal. the people want change, that's the way to get change; challenging the current system. I don't see massacres anywhere.
  • [quote author=lightening link=topic=10609.msg129289#msg129289 date=1296601448]

I would say look at the story of ester. The King's decree was the worst possiblle thing that could have happened to the Jewish people, but God turned it into a blessing. I'm sure we will all soon see God's glory in this situation.
  • How about we stand beside those fighting for freedom in egypt instead of asking which saint appeared to which priest and whether a prophecy happened or not.  lets not live in fantasy land and pay ation to reality.  reality is the government is corrupt and a few brave men decided to change it.  the government did not like this and allowed prisoners to escape to cause riots and they disconnected phones and internet and they continue to lie and say that the government is great on egyptian tv.  coptic people, please wake up  from ur dreams.  ir's time to take action for once in our lives and do what our holy fathers did, that is be brave.  be brave and say no to corruption say no to a dictator who ruled over egypt for 30 years.  do not be afraid.  i know some if not all are afraid that islamic radicals will take over the government.  i can assure u that they will not because very well educated people ignited the revolution and they will not allow egypt to go backwards.  even if the radicals take over, they will have more mercy on us than mubarak....please remember our martyrs in alexandria, nag3  hamadi and 3omranya....the common denominator is the government's correlation with all of them. besides, y r u afraid.  our church is 2000 years old and in our history we have seen worse....what i'm saying is that we must take action.  we always complain that we have no rights in egypt.  now is the time.  go and demand your right for a change.  this is the chance to remake the constitution.  if we do not take action now we will have no one to blame but ourselves if we continue to be second class citizens. salam
  • Coptic man, just because we talk about God, prophecy and apparition, doesn't mean we're going to sit home and do nothing, if there's political action we should take, we'll take it. But don't do one thing and leave the other undone. We've still gotta pray, fast, read our bibles, and try to understand what they say.

I'm sorry, I don't think you're being fair. Prophecies, apparitions, healings, miracles and the like are not a dream, they are part of who we are as coptic Egyptians. but they are separate from political action. The fact is, there is very little we can do for egypt right now. When they need money, and trust me, they will soon, we'll be there. If they need us, we'll be there as well. When the constitution is up for change, we'll get involved then as well. but for now, there's not much to do besides fast and pray for them. and discuss prophecy, cuz thats always fun^^ We must wait until the situation clears up a little before we try and interfere.
  • Read Isaiah 19... It explains it all...
    (the altar mentioned in one of the verses is al-me7arra2 monastery. The profecy that the nile river will dry is happening now because of el-sadd el 3ali; mud accumulates in lake Nasser right now and eventually it'll stop the water from flowing. I also heard that Ethiopians are making a big project that will use up the river's water.)
  • would anybody care to answer my question please?..
  • You should say that of course it is not God's judgement on Egypt. For one thing, nothing much has happened yet in comparison with so many other events in Egypt's history. Let us wait and see, and wait and pray.

You should also say that it is sinful even for a person to take to themselves such judgements. Let each person consider their own lives and discover whether or not they are liable and deserving of judgement.

Father Peter
  • thank you Father Peter. this is exactly what i would have thought. i just wanted to be encouraged in the position i hold.
    God bless you.
  • we- sons of lord - believe that all things is going well for our favor. We are sure that He manage all for our benefit
  • [quote author=crosslover link=topic=10609.msg131324#msg131324 date=1298333988]
    we- sons of lord - believe that all things is going well for our favor. We are sure that He manage all for our benefit

Don't you mean "we- sons of God-  believe that all things is going well for our favor. We are sure that He manage all for our benefit."