What to do

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi everyone

In the name of the Holy Father, and the Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God Amen.

After confession, the other day, my foc, told me something like its going to be okay and kissed me many times on my cheeks(close to my mouth) and grabbed me on the lower half of my back and gave my a grin, I was shocked and did not know what to do.

I do not know their intention but i know i did not feel comfortable. This is not the first time they put their hand around the lower half of my back.  Was this okay...
but i now not to put my trust in anyone. Pray for me and this situation.

May God Bless

Comments

• what the..... find another priest
  • How old are you?
    & is this priest a younger or older priest?
    Do u have another priest serving with him?
  • I'm about 16. There is no other Priest at my Church
  • as i've said on other posts, sometimes things are misunderstood,
    and sometimes things are more serious.
    if you don't have a trusted older Christian friend or parent who can give you advice then feel free to send a personal message.

as a general rule, it's very important for priests and indeed anyone to respect personal boundaries and not cause confusion or even harm by their actions.
  • Shouldn't somebody be reporting this priest to a higher authority? If there's even the slightest chance that he's done things like this before, or is likely to do them again, he cannot be left in a position where he is trusted unconditionally by untold numbers of young people. It would be a very dangerous thing to leave un-dealt with if their really is a 'more serious' cause behind his actions. I'm not saying there is (although it looks very likely) but again, even a slight suspicion is enough to warrant investigation, because the consequences if left un-dealt with could be catastrophic.

My prayers go out to you
  • Its hard to know if there is something going on...
    because some priests do kiss on the cheek & hug for a fact..bc u are his daughter...
    but there are some limits...
    I think the best advice is to talk to your bishop about it
    God be with you
  • u did not do anything wrong.
    firstly you were very young, so you would obviously think of good intentions, and if you kiss someone innocently as a child, this is not a sin.
    only if you were having impure thoughts and thought to yourself, 'i will get a thrill from doing this', then it was sin, and i am really sure that you were not like this.
    so please accept you did nothing wrong and that sometimes bad things happen to innocent people.
    may God guide all those who have bad experiences to tell wise people who will give them the help they need.