Mezza, Saint MAry

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello, everyone
i am just wondering why people dont comment on the Saint Mary
:(

Comments

• Hi Mezza

You need to stop creating new threads with the same title and topic around the site. I think that people have not responded to you because they think that you are a spammer.

If you just create one thread, and then post in that thread about the topic of St Mary, then members will see that you are not a spammer and will reply.

God bless

Father Peter
  • oh really, as i am new and i thought it was something wrong with me, ohhh my bad, sorry for disturbance
  • No Harm.

What was your question that you posted originally.

In Christ
    Theophilus
  • Can you please name and explain threee Catholic Church Teachings about Saint Mary, is it different or same to Coptic Orthodox??
    What is discipleship
    Why is Saint Mary a model disciple?

Thankyou
    Abouna
  • The two main differences in Mariology between the Catholic and the Orthodox Church, that i can think of are:

1.  Immaculate Conception

St. Mary was born without original sin and was therefore sinless throughout her life.  This was made official by Pope Pius IX in 1854.

Response:
    (i)  “My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour.”  (Luke 1)
    (ii)  “For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.”  (Romans 3:23).
    (iii)  “There is none righteous, no not one.”  (Romans 3:16).

2.  St. Mary as Co-Redemptrix

Pope Leo XIII stated in his rosary encyclical, “Octobri mense” (1891): “Nobody can approach Christ except through the mother.”  Pope Pius X (1903-1914), asserted that Mary is ‘the dispenser of all gifts which Jesus has acquired for us by His death and His blood.’  Pope Pius XI (1922-1939) says, “With Jesus, Mary has redeemed the human race.”  The conclusion of Pope Pius XII (1939-1958) in his encyclical, “Mystici Corporis” (1943), was that Mary willingly offered Christ on Golgotha: “Who, free from all sin, original or personal, and always most intimately united with her Son, offered Him on Golgotha to the eternal Father… for all the children of Adam.”
    Orthodox response
    ”Through  Mary, the daughter of Joachim, we knew the true sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins.”  (Sunday Theotokia)
    It was through St Mary that we knew the true sacrifice(Jesus dieing on the cross) which allowed our sins to be forgiven, which makes God the only way for redemption.
  • Hello Abouna Theophilus,

My queestion is typed above, you havent responded yet??,

Thanx
    Mezza

P.S, Sorry for wasting your time Abouna
  • Dear mezza,

You have not really explained why you need this information, or where you have already looked yourself to find things out. What level is this assignment for? Is it for High School or Sunday School? What have you already found out?

Three doctrinal differences between the Roman Catholics and the Orthodox in regard to the Blessed Virgin Mary are, (two have been described in the thread here):

i. The immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary
    ii. The doctrine of the Virgin Mary as Co-Redemptrix
    iii. The assumption of the Virgin Mary

The dictionary definition of a disciple is:

a follower of the doctrines of a teacher or a school of thought

Discipleship is the process of becoming and being a disciple.

The question therefore is how and why the Virgin Mary is a model example of a follower of Christ.

It is hard to say more without knowing what you need this imformation for, and what you have already done yourself. I guess some folk here are naturally not wishing to do the assignment for you. If you can show that you have already done some research, or looked up the details of what Pi Onkh has given you for instance, then others might wish to comment.

What have you discovered about discipleship, and how do you think that the Virgin Mary was a model disciple?

God bless your studies

Father Peter
  • Hey Abouna,

This is for Year 9, Highschool, i have founnd out heaps on the discipleship, and model discipleship, but not much on the Catholic teachings of Saint Mary, and also if you have any hymns, songs, of Saint Mary, can you please send them to me, also if you have any excess information, please send it too, Sorry for wasting your time.
    Thanx
    Mezza
  • Hi,

Abounas are very busy. It may help if you use a search engine first to find what you are looking for as there are plenty of resources already out there.