Sneakers

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Do you contribute to the Church and the Poor with the same enthusiasm?
    Is it an obsession?
    How many do you have?
    How many do you need?

--You do not have to answer, but I think you have the answer already.
  • Wasn't it the 11th commandment that said "thou shalt not collect sneakers"?

lol just kidding, but don't let it distract from more important things or take up your money that could be going to better things
  • Oh, i thought this post was a joke, lol. ;D ;D ;D

But, it's not bad if you're not wasting all your time on it.
  • is it wrong to collect postage stamps?
    is it wrong to collect model cars?
    is it wrong to collect rocks?

no no no.

collecting sneakers is the same, dont worry bro, its chill.
  • since you said you sell also, why not ask your abouna to have a table or something after the liturgy or certain activity and you can sell there at church
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9373.msg116025#msg116025 date=1277690787]
    since you said you sell also, why not ask your abouna to have a table or something after the liturgy or certain activity and you can sell there at church

do you remember what Jesus did last time he saw people vending in the church??
  • Jesus did that because the vendors were stealing the peoples worship. These guys put their stuff right in front of the gate of the temple, so the first thing you saw when you walked in was food, or whatever they used to sell. They even had money changers at the back or something so that during the passover people would come from all over the place and they all had different forms of money. They even had sacrificial lambs. So what was wrong with these people? They were even trying make your passover easier by having a sacrificial lamb ready for you to buy and even had money changers! They were good guys like you and me. All they did was steal peoples worship, and that's one thing God never accepts

Thats why at our church we have a food market, a bookstore that more cds than you can ever imagine, those cute cross necklaces, and even computers and all that cool stuff, but you would never see anyone selling anything during a liturgy or any church service.

Forgive me if I have sinned. :)
  • haha i was just joking bro, no worries :D
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9373.msg115736#msg115736 date=1276886286]
    Is it bad if one collect sneakers?

I collect sneakers, but not as much as i used to. Now that the summer is here, i find myself back on this buying and selling sneaker website a bit more than usual.

any thoughts?

This is really quite charming. I think you're extremely charming having this obsession. 

Why do you collect sneakers for? They are comfortable, I admit that. But is it really an obsession? I didnt know people bought and sold sneakers like bonds.

I must admit, I find the youth in Canada/USA/Australia EXTREMELY inventive and business-minded more than the youth in Europe. I knew at least 12 people who were under 21 that already had their own companies in Canada.

I don't want to say or advise anything to change your business spirit or anything, it could be a talent you have in business. Frankly speaking, at your age, if you are doing it for business, and you get a chance to wear the sneakers you then sell on (at a profit), then it seems like a really smart idea. If you keep on making a loss, and it is JUST a loss, then it is more of a hobby than it is a business; in which case, it is a very expensive hobby you are in!

The sin is if you love anything/anyone more than God. I doubt very much you are that obssessed with sneakers that you'll put it before God. ? Right? You're not that sa3eedi - are you!??
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9373.msg116030#msg116030 date=1277695461]
    Jesus did that because the vendors were stealing the peoples worship. These guys put their stuff right in front of the gate of the temple, so the first thing you saw when you walked in was food, or whatever they used to sell. They even had money changers at the back or something so that during the passover people would come from all over the place and they all had different forms of money. They even had sacrificial lambs. So what was wrong with these people? They were even trying make your passover easier by having a sacrificial lamb ready for you to buy and even had money changers! They were good guys like you and me. All they did was steal peoples worship, and that's one thing God never accepts

Thats why at our church we have a food market, a bookstore that more cds than you can ever imagine, those cute cross necklaces, and even computers and all that cool stuff, but you would never see anyone selling anything during a liturgy or any church service.

Forgive me if I have sinned. :)

[quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=9373.msg116050#msg116050 date=1277755228]
    haha i was just joking bro, no worries :D

Just so people understand and are not confused about what was written.

What these people were doing was much more than just buying and selling in the temple, they were selling the gifts of the Holy Spirit for money... this is as ridiculous as a priest charging you money for communion.
  • Lol, thanks for that comparison, it really made me realize what they were doing.