Festal Expositions

pp
edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone here know how to gain access to the audio and/or lyrics of the festal expositions.

Comments

• [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115016#msg115016 date=1275606351]
    Does anyone here know how to gain access to the audio and/or lyrics of the festal expositions.

we try to put most of them online here on the text library and translate most of them. all (i think) are in the book of seasonal Psalies and Expositions-cop and ar and not english.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115018#msg115018 date=1275606989]
    we try to put most of them online here on the text library and translate most of them. all (i think) are in the book of seasonal Psalies and Expositions-cop and ar and not english.

Which book of Seasonal Psalies and Expositions are you talking about minagir?
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115020#msg115020 date=1275608029]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115018#msg115018 date=1275606989]

Which book of Seasonal Psalies and Expositions are you talking about minagir?

it's a coptic arabic book presented by Anba Mettaous and collected and edited by "Rabetit Moratelli al-kanisa" = The Association of the Church's Chanters. Latest edition was the 2nd one published back 2003. not much people worry about this book because it's mostally psalies and most of the GENERAL feasts and fasts psalies are in the normal psalmody book. this book have all the extensive psalies that you probably started hearing about. Like the psalies on the hooses of lent, nativity, theophany, resurrection....and so on.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115022#msg115022 date=1275611637]
    it's a coptic arabic book presented by Anba Mettaous and collected and edited by "Rabetit Moratelli al-kanisa" = The Association of the Church's Chanters. Latest edition was the 2nd one published back 2003. not much people worry about this book because it's mostally psalies and most of the GENERAL feasts and fasts psalies are in the normal psalmody book. this book have all the extensive psalies that you probably started hearing about. Like the psalies on the hooses of lent, nativity, theophany, resurrection....and so on.

Aren't these Psalies on the PowerPoints by St. George and St. Shenouda's in New Jersey?
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115031#msg115031 date=1275616545]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115022#msg115022 date=1275611637]

Aren't these Psalies on the PowerPoints by St. George and St. Shenouda's in New Jersey?

most of them yes....even though i disagree with calling the Psalies for the Resurrection "Pentecostal Psalies said in the Fifties." they took most of those psalies from suscopts.org/deacons where the admin there (that i actually worked with before in this project) translates the psalies and puts them in a printable version. most of the arabic is typed up. also most of the coptic is typed up by differnt ppl around the world ::)................it's just a matter of time to edit, format, review, again review, and put some where online for others.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115033#msg115033 date=1275617078]
    most of them yes....even though i disagree with calling the Psalies for the Resurrection "Pentecostal Psalies said in the Fifties." they took most of those psalies from suscopts.org/deacons where the admin there (that i actually worked with before in this project) translates the psalies and puts them in a printable version. most of the arabic is typed up. also most of the coptic is typed up by differnt ppl around the world ::)................it's just a matter of time to edit, format, review, again review, and put some where online for others.

Oh, I see. By the way, I have a Difnar that is completely in Coptic and it's an ebook and I found it while I just bumped into a website. Would you like it? The only thing is, it's annual, so it does not have Resurrection, Ascension, or Pentecost expositions.
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115034#msg115034 date=1275617584]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115033#msg115033 date=1275617078]

Oh, I see. By the way, I have a Difnar that is completely in Coptic and it's an ebook and I found it while I just bumped into a website. Would you like it?

sure....let's see it. and don't worry...i won't use it in any illegal way....am waiting for the Southern book  :D
    e mail: minagirgis1 [at] yahoo [dot] com
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115035#msg115035 date=1275618231]
    sure....let's see it. and don't worry...i won't use it in any illegal way....am waiting for the Southern book  :D

Is the Southern book supposed to have a Difnar inside it too?
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115036#msg115036 date=1275619682]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9316.msg115035#msg115035 date=1275618231]

Is the Southern book supposed to have a Difnar inside it too?

nonono.....they have been working on a fully separate book-three languages with FULL COPTIC....which is rare. now they are working on the english translation.
  • Oh, I see. Check your email ;-)
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=9316.msg115039#msg115039 date=1275620303]
    Oh, I see. Check your email ;-)

WOW....i only heard about this but never ever seen it......tanks so much...i LOVE IT!!!!!! the info in the beginning is great also.
  • lol, well here you go :-D No problem Mina, after all the years of you helping me out, it's about time for me to give you something.
  • aem581,
    Any chance you can e-mail it to me as well: [email protected]; thanks a lot in advance
    [coptic]]sep`hmot `ntotk emasw
    oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • Sure thing buddy.