I just can't take it anymore

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wow lol u need to take it easy buddy.. an 80 average is not bad at all.. i had the same and worse than that in high school and i got into one of the best colleges in America.. so you are really really really taking things way out of proportion.  im not saying its ok to slack off.. im just saying so the best u can and pray and everything will be fine.

you make it seem like this is a really big deal, but from where im standing, it looks like ur making a mountain out of a mole. 
    calm yourself down!!!! lol
    [move]IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!!!                                                                    TRUST ME!!![/move]

please pray for me and my weakness
  • Ya, it's not a big deal, just

DO YOUR BEST, AND GOD WILL DO THE REST.

it rhymes, xD
  • "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28)

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
    28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
    31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:25-33)
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9285.msg114788#msg114788 date=1274917568]
    I have started numerous topics about this, and its just killing me.

I am a sophomore about to be a junior in high school, and freshmen year i went to an amazing school named Frank Sinatra. There i learned about art, and got to meet some really cool people. Then I transfered to a local neighborhood school, thinking i would have more time to study to get better grades.

My average in now 80, going down 6 points since i left
    I have no extra. activities, as apposed to when i had art since i left
    The sports teams are too competitive in this school, as supposed to being practically begged in Frank Sinatra
    I could have taken 2 AP classes, and i here i am not taking any, not even honors.

It seems like it couldnt get any worse, and i feel like i ruined my entire future. I have been told that its my fault for transfering, and just try to make the best of it.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I am not going to a good college this way, my sophomore year already left a terrible mark on my college app. I can't take it anymore, i feel like shooting myself everytime i look in the mirror becuase of this stupid mistake.

I accept many responses that will say "Pray about it and things will get better" or "leave it in God's hands and everything will lighten up" Well, i am, i pray about it whenever i can, and its always on my mind.

Please, i need advice.
    Please keep me in your prayers, as well.
    Antonious

To be proactive
    1) Talk with your lecturer's/teachers/tutors about what you are lacking
    2) learn more study techniques- some can be found on websites, some by talking to good students, some by teachers
    3) remember that even in university, you can transfer into other degrees if you lift up your GPA, so the main focus is developing a good study/work-ethic, rather than just getting into the course/university that you want
    4) Make sure you know the syllabus, and have notes developed towards the syllabus.
    5) read at least 2 different textbooks for each subject- each book will highlight different things to you, and stretch your understanding
    6) get a lot of past papers, from your school and others, and work at them. get your responses marked by a teacher.
    7) If you have a friend, try to get a study partnership going on, and help each other out (make sure you also help him/her out too)
    8) Get a balanced life. Do some extra-curricular activities if you are just being wasteful with time. this will help you develop good habits, and make you accentuate your studies.
    9) Your past papers, analyse where your weakness are, and work on them.
    10) Get your parents to help you. If you are wasting time on the net, let them supervise you (get an internet filter or something).

Those are some things. For me, also, my motto is "if i don't write it, I haven't learnt it".

Nice name Antonios :) Hope this helps.
  • May God support you

I will pray for you
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • seems to me there are 2 options:
    1. you made a mistake. God can teach you how to trust Him to get you out of even the worst mistakes and situations. He got Jonah out of the whale and He can get you out of trouble too, if you decide that you will give everything to Him.
    2. you didn't make a mistake, maybe you would have got too proud going to such an amazing school and God wanted you to hang out with regular people instead so you could show them something of God's love.

either way, the only way is up! God loves you and wants you to give the whole situation to Him. there are countless people (inc. on this forum) who didn't do that well in their adolescence or early adult life but who went on to have amazing lives with God and be really fulfilled. even in my job, nearly everyone who is my age is already senior to me, and i have lagged behind. this is because when i get a more senior post (insha-allah in 2 years) God doesn't want me to think i got there in my own strength.

so hang on in there. we are praying  :)
  • You are young.  There is lots of room for change in your life still.  If you believe it is in your best interest to return to the school you left and your parents understand and agree, go for it.  Your talk about wanting to shoot yourself concerns me.  I know that sometimes things can become so very overwhelming deep inside us that we feel the only way out, our only solution, is to be gone from here, which obviously means dying...right?  Sometimes it is nearly impossible to believe that things will get better, that "this, too, shall pass," but IT WILL.  Besides talking to those (adults) whom you trust, about what is going on vis-a-vis school and academics, why not tell the truth about these depressed feelings you are having  Please make sure to talk to an adult who will neither just tell you to snap out of it or who will tell you that you are being ridiculous or overemotional....you know yourself if you are feeling seriously lost about all this to the point of not caring anymore.  Please do not give up.  Please believe me--many years older than you--that this is not the end, whichever way you decide to go, regarding where you attend school.  One day you will be looking back at your life; there is very little any of us controls in our own life.  Try to decide every day that you are going to see God next to you asking you to hand your burdens to Him to carry, while you just keep doing what you need to do every day, and believe that God is in control.
  • Hey DimyanCoptic, I think your being way too hard on yourself. There are many things all of could have done in their lives, or wished they could go back and change, but we cant. So we just have to accept it. Believe me, failing is what I am best at, I think I am an expert on the subject by now LOL. But yea like a previous post stated, take it easy man. I have seriously been to places in the world where there is literally nothing. The people are basically wasting away waiting to die. I have seen places where people had to consume their own urine because they had no water. I have seen alot of death and people with crappy lives, it makes me thankful for what I DO have as opposed to what I could have, or wished I had. Its ok to be upset, but thinking of suicide over this is not logical man.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9285.msg114929#msg114929 date=1275440272]
    Marenhos epchois- If you don't mind answering, what college do you go to?

I go to the New Jersey Institute of Technology.. it is one of the top rated engineering schools and is in the top 100 colleges list.. so trust me, if I could get in you can definitely get in. just keep up your work and don't beat yourself up for nothing!!
  • Look man, God has His ways. You don't think this is the best choice for you, but God did this for a reason. Just thank God for everything and live your life.
  • "I know the plans which I think toward you says the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you"

1 Corinthians 6:19 (New International Version)
    19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Blessed is the man who endures temptation for he will receive the crown of life

there is sin not leading to death. I do not say he should pray about that

16If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 Jno. 5:16,17)

• [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9285.msg115390#msg115390 date=1276192231]
    but guys, i want to do something with art in my life. Frank Sinatra was an art school... It would make me better at what i do!

u can do architecture if you really like art. the whole point im trying to make is that YOU WILL SURVIVE!! JUST TRUST IN GOD AND YOU WILL BE OK!!!!
  • i agree.
    also the mikeforJesus' post is great, these are very important Bible verses, the first is from jeremiah 29 verse 11 (jeremiah 36 verse 11 if yr Bible is from the septugaint translation) and is verse similar to romans 8 verse 28 'all things work together for God for those who love the Lord, who are called according to His purpose'
    when u tell God, 'i'll do anything, just guide me' then He will surely answer.

wait for the Lord. be strong, take heart and wait for the Lord
    psalm 26 (27) verse 14
  • Looking back at my post, I think my advice was pretty terrible. Please disregard that Dimyan.
  • In the name of the Holy Father, and the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit, One God Amen!!!

I'm in the same grade as you are in! There is nothing to fear, there's always hope with God.
    Here's a great Holy Bible verse that goes well with what we go through sometimes.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

I know that this may seem like a typical answer but just pray and have hope that everything will be okay, cause they will.
    Just remember there's nothing too big for God

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

May God Bless you and lead you

sinner
  • Dear brother DimyanCoptic,

I went through the exact same thing you went through in my college years.  I went to UC, Berkeley on a scholarship. I got hit by a car crossing the street in my sophomore year. I was forced to drop out of school due to my injuries. The whole experience was just too traumatic for me, and I was never able to return to school. I felt like I wasted my life. I was separated from family (geographically), my girlfriend and I broke up.  It was a hellish time.

Eventually, I was at the point of suicide.  I remember screaming at the top of my voice to God - I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!! HELP ME!!!  I must have fallen asleep due to sheer emotional exhaustion, but when I woke up the next morning, I felt totally at peace.  I was in turmoil for about a year and a half, and I had no practical explanation for the inner change that came over me.  I know God answered my cry for help and saved me from suicide.

I can't give you any practical advice on the direction you should take.  But spiritually speaking, let go and let God.  I know this might sound like hollow advice, especially when you are in mental turmoil.  But God blesses us in our suffering.  Sometimes we have to go through a dark night of the soul before we can experience the light.

You'll be in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Marduk

[quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9285.msg114788#msg114788 date=1274917568]
    I have started numerous topics about this, and its just killing me.

I am a sophomore about to be a junior in high school, and freshmen year i went to an amazing school named Frank Sinatra. There i learned about art, and got to meet some really cool people. Then I transfered to a local neighborhood school, thinking i would have more time to study to get better grades.

My average in now 80, going down 6 points since i left
    I have no extra. activities, as apposed to when i had art since i left
    The sports teams are too competitive in this school, as supposed to being practically begged in Frank Sinatra
    I could have taken 2 AP classes, and i here i am not taking any, not even honors.

It seems like it couldnt get any worse, and i feel like i ruined my entire future. I have been told that its my fault for transfering, and just try to make the best of it.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I am not going to a good college this way, my sophomore year already left a terrible mark on my college app. I can't take it anymore, i feel like shooting myself everytime i look in the mirror becuase of this stupid mistake.

I accept many responses that will say "Pray about it and things will get better" or "leave it in God's hands and everything will lighten up" Well, i am, i pray about it whenever i can, and its always on my mind.

Please, i need advice.
    Please keep me in your prayers, as well.
    Antonious
  • DimyanCoptic,

Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I find this verse very comforting for all frustrating or desperate situations. Thank God with the understanding that it could have been worse. In fact what we think is the worst for ourselves becomes accepted when we find out that others are enduring much worse situations, and God is helping them according to His wisdom.

May the Lord strengthen you and help you. Amen

Mardukm,

I read your nice reply above to DimyanCoptic and the bad event of your accident and the resulting very difficult situation. I am glad you stepped over your severe suicide phase. Suicidal thoughts are strong attacks from the malicious and destructive devil that fight us from different perspectives - God forbid and protect us from all evil.

Don't we all pray saying to our Father "Thy Will be done". Let us all present our difficulties, griefs and sufferings to Him the long sufferer and remember His Passion: that He suffered much more for our salvation.

I pray the Lord He may give you the Faith, the patience and all the strength you need. Amen.
    GBU
  • Dude this thread is getting annoying because you are just not getting it. What will this building do to get you into heaven. What will it do in your spiritual life in the first place. It was just a fancy building where people are pampered while other people go to the normal schools. St. Anthony lived in a place way better than that art place and he gave it all up to live in the middle of no where. So please put this in your mind. And what you keep on doing is bad,(regretting things that don't matter), you will eventually blame God for everything. Don't be a pessimistic nobody likes to be around them.
    Sorry for the harsh words, but you need someone to remind you.

"Do not love the world, nor the things which are in the world. The world shall pass away and all its desires, but he who does the will of God shall abide forever. Amen."

Think hard on these words.
  • beauty is in the heart.
    find an old spiritual man, eg priest or monk or church servant who is simple, calm and happy.
    ask him to share the secret.
    he will probably talk slowly, and think he is no-one special.
    so u need a lot of patience and many visits.

i know people complain when they go to abouna about problem A and abouna says, go and sort out problem B.
    i expect my advice looks a bit like this.
    but i really think that by finding someone to spend time with who cares about the deep spiritual meaning of things, you will learn very much that will help u in many areas of life.
    it is normal for us to focus on superficial things (yes, i mean food, clothes, career are superficial) until we have learnt what matters to God. spend time with these sorts of people and observe their life. ask them how they fit their busy life around all the Bible study and prayer they do. it is by watching that you will learn more than hearing only words.

when Jesus said 'seek first the kingdom of God, then all these things will come to you', He wanted people to see things in their spiritual perspective. this sorts our heads out so we are calm about the other things. God knows our needs!

i am still a beginner in this area, but i have been blessed to meet people who gave me a window to look in to the spiritual life. one of them has recently passed into the presence of God, a dear, kind, strong priest from cairo. he used to mutter to himself, 'ashkorak ya rab' (thank u Lord) when he was suffering from cancer and missing his family, he just concentrated on maintaining his spiritual life. he was really peaceful, and by sitting still in the same room with him i learnt a lot.

may God guide u to know Him better. He indeed loves u a lot.
  • Wait, you transferred schools because you thought you'd get better grades? How does that work? And weren't you worried about making new friends all over again?