Blessings from your Greek cousins...

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Blessings to you all and hello. I am Michael, a devout Greek Orthodox Christian, and I hold the highest respect to all the Copts who have suffered for so long in the name of Christ. I would love to make some new friends here and learn more about the Church which I eagerly await to once again be in communion with my own, as well as let you know more about myself and my Church.

Κύριε ἐλέησόν ἠμᾶς ἀδέλφοι! Lord have mercy on us all!

Comments

• Dear Mixalhs

Welcome to the forum, and the Lord bless your membership.

Do you live in Greece or in the US?

God bless you

Father Peter
  • Currently, I live in Ohio in the US. I grew up in New England among other second generation immigrants from Greece. In New England, everyone holds on to their culture and the part of New England I was in could be considered almost a "Little Greece" where we still talk to each other in Greek and generally do things in the Greek way. But I have been studying theology for a year now, here in Ohio, in preparation for the priesthood.
  • Hello Mixalhs! I'm so glad to find another Greek guy here.

Καλώς ήρθες (Welcome)  ;)
  • I think we can use you to be a good foundry to correct the improper pronounciations of some greek words and hellenized coptic words.

You should hear some of the verbalizations.

I personally partial to all lamb dishes, which probably makes me part Greek somewhere in my lineage. 
  • [quote author=PaNo5 link=topic=8771.msg109975#msg109975 date=1265375567]
    Hello Mixalhs! I'm so glad to find another Greek guy here.

Καλώς ήρθες (Welcome)  ;)

Σὲ πολύ εὐχαριστώ ὦ ἀδέλφε! Ἔχω πολλήν χαρὰν ὅτι οὐκ εἰμὶ μόνος. I am very glad to see I am not the only Greek here. Should there ever be any reason to be stuck in the thicket, I know I'll have, at the very least, one brother in whom to confide.

[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=8771.msg109998#msg109998 date=1265397098]
    I think we can use you to be a good foundry to correct the improper pronounciations of some greek words and hellenized coptic words.

You should hear some of the verbalizations.

I personally partial to all lamb dishes, which probably makes me part Greek somewhere in my lineage.

I would be more than happy to help with pronunciation. It may be difficult to portray without audio, but I will do my best, and, if anything else, I'm normally available via instant messenger. (I have Skype, but I probably should set up msn)
    Thank you for the warm welcome, and chances are you do have some Greek blood in your veins. Not to go too far into detail, but Egypt was under the Greek Ptolemies for almost 300 years, and under the Eastern Greek-Roman Empire for 700 years after. And it was in Alexandria where the first complete copy of the Original Hebrew texts was conducted (in Greek in 285 BC), which without, we probably would not have a surviving copy of the Old Testament. But that is a subject I should expand upon in another thread. Once again, thank you, and the prayers of the Saints be with you!

By the way, if anyone wants to contact me via Skype, you can look me up using my email: [email protected]
  • welcome dude =]
    glad you are here! I love orthodox unity =]
  • God bless you Michael, and welcome!  ;D