What do you all think of this particular website?

edited March 2010 in Random Issues
The site I have linked is clearly not for everyone so I have deleted it to save any further hassles and claims of "a waste of time". Suit yourselves I guess and keep listening and watching music videos of Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Jay Z and all those others and be engulfed in their disgustingly obvious Satanic messages and symbolism as much as you want, including the subliminal and disgustingly obvious ones-- after all its all your subconcious you have to mend when you start to mold according to them!! Whatever! It seems those who want to avoid the truth will go to any lengths to rationalise what is happening. Music these days is not like that for no reason.

Why don't songs make sense when you listen to them (but are catchy) and why do people think that music videos are "weird" (but are 'captivating' and different and 'creepy')?

Because Satan is in charge. What do you think Satan's specialty was when he was the angel Lucifer in heaven? Music.

"Your pomp* is brought down to Sheol**,
      And the sound of your stringed instruments;

The maggot is spread under you,
      And worms cover you.’ "
Isaiah 14:11

*Pomp= magnificent display
**Sheol= underworld

THIS IS THE FIRST VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT BEGINS TO DESCRIBE THE ANGEL LUCIFER WHO IS NOW SATAN. ITS ALL SELF EXPLANATORY AND EQUALLY OBVIOUS>> IF HIS SPECIALTY IN HEAVEN WAS MUSIC, WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE HIS TOOL ON EARTH??
In addition to this the universality of media and communication technologies are way too convienent. Ipods, mp3 sticks, the radio, the TV, the internet, magazines, phones, fashion, newspapers, the cinemas, billboards and advertisements. How convienient. How very convienient.

Look at the opening lyrics of Umbrella by Rihanna:

“No clouds in my stones
Let it rain, I hydroplane in the bank
Coming down with the Dow Jones”
When the clouds come we gone, we Rocafella

We fly higher than weather
And G5’s are better, You know me,
an anticipation, for precipitation. Stacked chips for the rainy day
Jay, Rain Man is back with little Ms. Sunshine
Rihanna where you at?

?? ??WHO SAYS THAT, WHO UNDERSTANDS THAT?? ?? Its absolute nonsense (and its not like that for no reason and accompanied with the video imagery is worse) and yet, how many youth know this song, perhaps even off by heart and it wrenches my heart especially when the meanings are clearly anti-Christian and it is happening and young people are being mind controlled and to an extremity, possessed, apparent through fashion, terminologies, gestures, involvement in lustful things, and satanic thoughts such as suicide. Don't wait for fireworks, the end of the world is near.

People who have wisely withdrawn from the music industry have much to say.

But again I say, suit yourselves!

Comments

• Don't waste your time. Understanding these symbols/hidden meanings doesn't make you a better Christian.
  • I think its a great and rare quality to be highly aware to what is happening as long as we know what teachings to follow and keep the Truth of Jesus in our hearts. It personally has strengthened me as a Christian.

Just a note to all, this site is not for everybody.
  • [quote author=LionessOfGod link=topic=8888.msg111318#msg111318 date=1267341242]
    I think its a great and rare quality to be highly aware to what is happening as long as we know what teachings to follow and keep the Truth of Jesus in our hearts. It personally has strengthened me as a Christian.

Just a note to all, this site is not for everybody.

Mystery Babylon.  Gog and Magog.  Sodom and Egypt (aka New York).  The money power (aka counterfeit fiefdom).  The house of cards is slowly collapsing.  God's laws can no longer be subverted.  Have you ever questioned what a Birth Certificate is???  How about a certificate that is traded in the marketplace???  Mark of the Beast.  Come out of her my Children???  How can we come out of her if we do not know who she is???
  • I advise all tasbeha members to avoid this linked website.

It is of no help to us, and will only serve to confuse members.

To understand the world around us we must grow closer to God in the sacraments, prayer, worship, fasting, service, meditation of the Scriptures. We do not need to become immersed in anything strange or esoteric.

This website is not created by Orthodox, nor run by Orthodox, therefore we should not allow its odd teachings to affect our thoughts and behavior.

Father Peter
  • "For you were once darkness, but now you are the light in the Lord. Walk as children of light finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is even shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore He says:’ Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.’ See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
    Ephesians 5: 8-15

From what I understand, it is saying, expose the unfruitful works of darkness and make them clear using the light that Christ has given us. This will help us walk cautiously and make wise decisions about what we involve ourselves in the evil era that we live.

I have modified my first post, where I have provided more information.
  • Lioness of God you hold a good argument. Fr. Peter, the website does not teach. It is a website aimed to expose what is occuring in the music industry and it is completely objective. grace08 and Fr. Peter, what makes you say any of what you said considering the Biblical verse that Lioness of God has provided? I think she has carefully meditated in the Scriptures and is not immersed in the website, but has used it to walk cautiously in these days of evil with the light Christ has given her as I remember her writing that it has made her a stronger Christian. With all due respect, there is a difference between absorbing and using. After all she has some remarkable points to make in her first post also.

I personally think its a great website for those who have meditated on the Scriptures thoroughly and earnestly.
  • in my opinion, it's good to know that there are certain negative influences in popular music, and i agree we shouldn't be ignorant, however i think that father peter's concerns are justified. lionessofGod was asking for feedback, and wisely so, as there are not really any 'objective' opinons out there.

when i was a kid, some people we knew were heavily influenced by teaching from american protestants who were not mainstream, labelling all popular music as 'satanic' and dangerous. it's the sort of music your mum probably listens to these days, you would label it boring. these people not only labelled the music as evil, but also went out of their way to look for the devil everywhere and had detailed recommendations about how to 'cast out' the demons in your house, your kitchen cupboards (i'm not kidding you) and everywhere you might sleep over.

anything negative (eg your dad getting grumpy and telling mum to shut up) was interpreted as 'an attack from the enemy' and the people who followed this kind of teaching spent more time 'casting things out' then studying the Bible and sorting out their characters.

don't get me wrong, there is a devil and we must be aware of his strategies, but i think we need to spend about 90% our time focusing on God and on controlling our fleshly desires and only about 10% time actively standing firm when under spiritual attack (unless you're saint anthony). even the saints spent years studying and becoming more holy before they got really busy fighting the enemy.

so, my main point is that some of these supposedly anti-satanic websites actually increase people's fascination with the enemy, and we certainly can't be sure that God is glorified here. the site you posted (i visited it a while back) doesn't have a statement of faith or a denominational link. as such it must be treated with care, and it would be better if we sought out the opinions of our leaders and bishops about this sort of thing.

what i do recommend, though, is that we never sing along to popular music unless we can understand the words and we are sure they are not against God. if you have a friend who is in to this music, you could play some alternative music like popular music that sings of marriage and faithfulness (there is some) or really good church music (there is lots).

may God guide us, and lets sing to Him, in the church, in the shower, anywhere  :)
  • Thank you mabsoota, your last paragraph was the point I was trying to get at. From what I have observed from the website, it has been made clearer to me why we should not ever sing along to popular music lest we become subconsciously immersed in it. Period. And avoid going to MTV Awards or things like that at all costs. I am not been extreme, I am being careful. When I skimmed the website, the prophecies in the book of Revelations (as everyone knows that Revelations is made of some significant symbols). have only become clearer and clearer, not enough that I can write a book but enough to know that the end of the world is nearer than ever.

Its a matter of getting our priorities in order: A matter of putting on the whole armour of God before we proceed to anything where the darkness of this world is exposed:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6: 10- 20

How much the Bible makes perfect sense and becomes the ONLY TRUTH (PERIOD!) to the human race once one puts things into perspective. GLORY BE TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST.

I agree when you say that we need to spend 90% of time focusing on God and controlling our fleshy desires and about 10% standing under spiritual attack, thats very true.

I understand that this wont get me to take of taking extreme steps (like what happened when you were a kid). Now, thats extreme! I have simply withdrew from listening to certain music I never understood and always thought they were weird because now and now wanted to expose their darkness because ultimately:
    “For it is even shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.” I was simply trying to warn everyone, openly and not in secret.

So I would have to disagree when you say when anti- satanic websites increase people’s fascination with the enemy but ultimately I speak for myself, but the thousands upon thousands of comments underneath each of the articles also cant be wrong, they glorify Jesus Christ our Lord, more, dare I say, than this Christian orthodox forum. They also thank the person who wrote the article (who is a Christian by the way) for exposing this to them. This site again I say this site is not for everybody but the simple message I was trying to convey is to avoid songs that don't openly incubate Christian meanings and words.Thankfully there is reason to know that not all popular music is satanic. Because there are some tunes out there that are laid right in front of you and anyone would get exactly what they are saying from beginning to end. If you want to be really safe, i suggest stick with the things that are on this very website: tasbeha.org.

If you will all excuse me I will take this conversation to my Bishop to get feedback on this issue.

• [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8888.msg111464#msg111464 date=1267562792]
    so, my main point is that some of these supposedly anti-satanic websites actually increase people's fascination with the enemy, and we certainly can't be sure that God is glorified here. the site you posted (i visited it a while back) doesn't have a statement of faith or a denominational link. as such it must be treated with care, and it would be better if we sought out the opinions of our leaders and bishops about this sort of thing.

I agree.

[quote author=LionessOfGod link=topic=8888.msg111283#msg111283 date=1267281998]

Look at the opening lyrics of Umbrella by Rihanna:

“No clouds in my stones
    When the clouds come we gone, we Rocafella

These lyrics are incorrect.  You can have 10 people read  the lyrics and come up with 10 different meanings of what they might mean.  If we look too deeply into anything I'm sure we can find some satanic influence one way or the other, if we try too hard. 

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

I believe what this verse means is that we expose darkness by goodness, righteousness and truth.  I don't think this means we have to search for the devil to expose his bad ways.

• [quote author=grace08 link=topic=8888.msg111289#msg111289 date=1267288541]
    Don't waste your time. Understanding these symbols/hidden meanings doesn't make you a better Christian.

I dont feel this is a waste of time at all. It is a good point. Many of our brothers and sisters go to church and receive communion and do what they should, then listen to this kind of music like Lady Gaga and Britney Spears latest "three" which discusses a very mature sexual topic. Christ tells us to watch, this is watching for the signs of the times. Watching for the signs of the times does not mean delving into this without Christ. Things must be constantly compared and contrasted to the scriptures and the holy fathers. In that sense it is very Orthodox indeed, but it is not for everyone to study this. good point though
  • I agree generally Ioannes, but I do not think a Protestant website which has a rather obsessive attitude to these things is the right antidote.

It would be much safer for our youth to have instruction from respected deacons and priests in the context of regular spiritual instruction than that they should be led to investigate those things which are best not considered at all.

I know that we disagree on some areas, but in regard to preventing Protestant ways of thinking coming into the Church I am in complete agreement with you. As far as I am concerned that means being very cautious indeed in using websites which are not Orthodox, and even being cautious about websites which state that they are Orthodox but do not teach our own Orthodox Faith.

This issue of modern music is one which should be dealt with in the Church and by the Church. It should be the subject of a youth sermon, and a series of Bible and Patristics studies considering the relation of Christians to the culture around them.

As for Satan and music, well we know that many of our Fathers wrote extensive collections of doctrinal songs using the tunes of their own contemporary popular music. There is also a great wealth of Christian songs set to humble and spiritual music which - though not in every case - are useful for reflecting on our faith. Indeed I would encourage more such song-writing from WITHIN our Orthodox community since not all songs written outside it are doctrinally and spiritually sound. It would be very wrong indeed to equate music with Satan, and this goes against so many passages in the Scriptures.

But the answer is almost always not to go outside and criticise, but to do it properly within our community. A postive response always produces more fruit than a negative one.

Father Peter
  • grace08 we clearly disagree, from what I have said before, the site is not for everybody and from my deductions you are trying to tell me it is not for you. I hope we agree on that.

but let me tell you this, concerning the lyrics I provided, I got those lyrics from the first google search engine result, therefore the one that people have more access to. I don't care if they are right or wrong, even if they read the following they are still nonsense:

“No clouds in my stones
    When the clouds BANANAS we gone, we Rocafella

Correct or not correct, do they make sense to you either way? If they do, please enlighten me. Lyrics are not that way for no reason. They are like that for a reason. if anything, the correctness of the lyrics had nothing got to do with answering the question at hand but only showed how much people pick up incorrectness in nonsensical lyrics.

"And have no fellowship* with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose** them."

*fellowship: the state or relationship of being a fellow
    **expose: to display for viewing; exhibit, to divulge the identity of; unmask, To make known , To reveal the guilt or wrongdoing of
    (source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expose)
    That verse is as simple as it puts itself.

[quote author=grace08 link=topic=8888.msg111507#msg111507 date=1267595481]
    I believe what this verse means is that we expose darkness by goodness, righteousness and truth.  I don't think this means we have to search for the devil to expose his bad ways.

please give me an example where I have searched for the devil himself rather than exposed his works of darkness. I seem to be confused at what you have written as it does not correlate??

it is also interesting what you write, can you please give me an example where one can expose darkness by goodness and righteousness? (im just interested)

But all that aside as I said before and as Ioannes agreed, this site is not for everybody.

[quote author=grace08 link=topic=8888.msg111289#msg111289 date=1267288541]
    Don't waste your time. Understanding these symbols/hidden meanings doesn't make you a better Christian.

If you feel that it is not for you, speak for youself and youself only as not everyone shares the same opinion. I have stated in my posts that I speak for myself, so please don't speak for me.

Fr. Peter, that is a good point you make that it should be a subject of a youth sermon and a series of Bible and Patristics studies considering the relation of Christians to the culture around them, if I might add that is an excellent title!

I gather no evidence that the website I have suggested was a protestant website, as you have said, can you give me examples and in what way, how and why?

I wish to reiterate what I have said previously in reply to what you have said.

[quote author=LionessOfGod link=topic=8888.msg111498#msg111498 date=1267578525]
    This site again I say this site is not for everybody but the simple message I was trying to convey is to avoid songs that don't openly incubate Christian meanings and words.Thankfully there is reason to know that not all popular music is satanic. Because there are some tunes out there that are laid right in front of you and anyone would get exactly what they are saying from beginning to end. If you want to be really safe, i suggest stick with the things that are on this very website: tasbeha.org.

therefore I have completely understood from the beginning that "as for Satan and music, well we know that many of our Fathers wrote extensive collections of doctrinal songs using the tunes of their own contemporary popular music. There is also a great wealth of Christian songs set to humble and spiritual music which - though not in every case - are useful for reflecting on our faith. Indeed I would encourage more such song-writing from WITHIN our Orthodox community since not all songs written outside it are doctrinally and spiritually sound." after all I wouldnt have psoted the lyrics to "Winter" by Arsany in one of my earlier posts if I ever believed that Satan equates music (i dont think I ever wrote that in my posts), on the other hand I am saying that as an observation that Satan was in fact the head of music in heaven as Lucifer, and his tool on earth could be in fact music (with the company of lyrics and visuals that do not incubate Christian meanings and words). It just seems to obvious to me, but again I speak for myself.

God bless.