Tasbeha

HI ;D
i would really like to know...
*Who wrote the Tasbeha??
*what language was it in??......(i know that its coptic but wat if im wrong?...coz sum1 told me its not)
*when did that person write it?
* did they write anything else??...(other than tasbeha)
*what did they do?? occupation?

thats about it.....if theres anything else u wanna add....sure can dooo ....my ears are open...NOT...my eyes are :P
ThAnX everyone :D
[move] [glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]GBU ;) ;)[/shadow] [/glow] [/move]

Comments

• thanx marmar91 ;)

any one else no any thing??

are these questions unkown or wat??? :-\

GBU ;D ;)
  • well
    most of the tasbeha comes straight from the bible. 1st hoos, 4th hoos and many others, i jsut dont rem.
    the rest is based from the bible.
    coptic was the original language of Egypt before the muslims came and threatened that anyone who talked in anything but arabic would have their tongue cut off.

hope that helped
  • nup ya didnt help... :P
    but thnx for ya contribution :P ;)

i wanted to know WHO?
    LANGUAGE?

that kinda stuff

thnx everyone and GBU :P
  • Well seeing (as lostegprincess mentioned) they mostly originated from the Bible itself, they originated in Hebrew.. from there it was translated along with the Bible into all the languages known today with coptic coming in around the 3rd or 4th century (i think) originating in Egypt. Those that don't originate from their originate in the early church (this includes the theotokias and the doxologies of the saints), with the theotokias being the explanation of the old testament revealed in the new and also seeing as though it is almost a complete chronical of the saints of the church.. does that help?
  • thnx alot ;)...it does help

anyone have anythang else?? ;D

GBU ;)
  • alright, let me try to help you out there..
    The midnight tasbeha begins with something called "The Beginning of the Midnight Psalmody," but most people know it as a hymn called [coptic]Ten;ynou[/coptic] (Tentheeno) which begins with the verse "Arise, O children of the Light, let us praise the Lord of Hosts," then it begins to talk about what we benefit from praising the Lord, and what He will do for us like "grant us the salvation of our souls"(verse 2), "Cast away from our minds the slumber of sleep" (verse 4), "ascribe unto you the befitting glorification and win the forgiveness of our many sins" (verse 6) and so on, and thats the Beginning of the Midnight Psalmody, which sorta starts you off for the rest of the salvation process.

Then after this, we say the Hymn for the Resurrection, or comonly known as [coptic]Tennau[/coptic] (Tennav). But you have to remember, we only say this from Easter and throughout the fifty days, then afterward, only on Sunday Psalmody, until the end of the coptic month of Hatoor.

This hymn explains what happened at the Resurrection, and tells us what we should be doing because of the Resurrection. The first verse says "We look at the Resurrection of Christ, and we worship the Holy Jesus Christ out Lord who alone is without sin." "We bow down to your Cross...We praise and glorify Your Resurrection.." (verse 2) and so on, until the end of the Hymn for the Resurrection.

Then we sing the first hoos (canticle) which is further known as the Hoos of Salvation because this is where it talks about the Isrealites were saved and crossed the Red Sea. This Hoos is taken entirely from Exodus 15. At the end of the 1st Hoos, we sing another Hymn called [coptic]Qen ouswt[/coptic] (Khen oushot), which is called the Psali Adam of the first hoos, which goes on to further explain the hoos.

Next, we sing the second hoos (canticle) which is taken entirely from Psalm 135, and is about giving thanks to God. "O give thanks to the Lord for He is good..." (verse 1), "O give thanks to the God of gods.." (verse 2) "To Him who stretched ou the earth above the waters..." (verse 6) and so on, until we sing the Psali Adam for the second hoos, called [coptic]Marenouwnh[/coptic] (Mareno-onh) which further explains the 2nd Hoos about giving thanks.

Then we sing the third Hoos, written by a man called Sarkis. This Hoos is called the Hymn of the Three Saintly Children. The whole Hoos is to Bless the Lord (as it says in each verse). At the end of the Hoos, we sing the last 2 verses in a long tune.

Next, we sing the Greek Psali Watos, or better known as [coptic]Ari'alin[/coptic] (Aripsalin). This was also written by Sarkis, and it goes on to explain the Glory of God through what happened with the Three Saintly Children.

to be continued...
  • thnk u alot ya helped me alot...i hav nuthin 2say but thanku once agen ;)

so no body knows WHO composed the other parts....i knew that sarkis did the third hoos, who put the other parts in the tunes that it is now??

thanx GBU ;)
  • It is acknowledged that the hymns of the Coptic Orthodox Church date back to the early period of the Ancient Egyptians. Today, Coptic music is considered to be o­ne of the oldest musical genres alive. Coptic music is not transcribed, but rather passed down orally from generation to generation. In addition to its complexity, the precision of the hymns' melody, and, finally, the difficulty of the hymn to be tolerated by the common ear, many hymns have perished from the Church tradition, leaving no remnants of authentic Pharonic music except through what the Copts chant within their churches.

You can find the rest of this article at http://www.copticheritage.org/PagEd+index-page_id-752.phtm

In Christ,
    Paul
  • well...thnx
    GBU ;)