SERIOUS PROBLEMS...NEED OF SERIOUS HELP

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have so many problems going on in my life. my family is dysfunctional we cannot do anything. My dad is a lazy bum all he does is come home from work eat sleep and watch TV, when i was younger he would be me and my sibling...like with a hard stick or these ridiculously hard flip flops. My mom works hard at a terrible job but she is the stingiest person i have ever met she always nags about everything even the little stuff. my grades are terrible my GPA is low and I'm a senior so it cant improve anymore. and i have no idea about college my mom checks up on my grades unlike my dad but she always reminds me of how i screwed up before and always calls me khayeb and a3beet and views me as a failure thinking that will motivate when in reality it made me crumble  there has never EVER been a day where there hasn't been a fight....literally....i cant stand living with them and i feel the only way is to leave them but that problem goes back to my GPA..i have so many problems with my sibling we dont get along at all...on the other hand im really lazy and i guess unappreciative and i always blame other people but i have reasons like my dad not caring....my dad doesnt care at all about my grades he thinks that taking me to church once is enough...also both of them forgot my birthday i mean imagine that your own parents forget the damned day u came into their lives....it makes me feel like they dont really truly care about me i feel that there is no purpose for me when i dont do something i get yelled at when i do something i get yelled at i feel that no one loves me...i feel like im losing my mind and that im trapped or destined to be a failure

Comments

• seems to me like you're a bilingual, smart person who came to the right website and asked the right question.
    no-one is destined to be a failure, and certainly not you.
    i think at these times you should take small but very important steps to improve things, not try to change yourself, your family and friends all overnight.
    start by finding a way to let off steam that is healthy, like going for a run with tasbeha on your mp3 player or walkman (if you have one), or going to a room by yourself and reading a few psalms, or memorising a psalm or the prayer of thanksgiving from the agpeya and reciting it in your head when you are stressed.
    then look at one thing you can change about yourself that's not too hard, like not shouting, or not slamming the door when you go out and count up how many times you did it well. then at the end of the day you can talk to God and repent the things you didn't do well, but also praise Him that you had (eg) 5 people shout at you and you only shouted back once.
    do you have a FOC (priest) you can talk to? how are you with God, can you talk to Him? or are you too angry? these are good points to start, but if this is too difficult, let us know and someone can come up with something else.
    God definately cares for you, and we will pray for you too.
  • 1. you call your dad a bum...are you serious?
    2. parents forgetting your birthday means nothing

imagine that your own parents forget the damned day u came into their lives

you seem angry
    4. read my sig (Pope Shenouda's quote)
  • Yea Im sorry for saying that but he kind of is he doesn't care about what I do or what happens to me. Well I was angry when I wrote this but he never helps out in the house...he thinks providing money is good enough and that its the woman's job to clean, cook, and teach the kids. You think your parents forgetting your birthday is nothing, thats your opinion, but thats not the reason why I came here and Maboosta I do have a FOC but I when I confess I avoid that area. And plus I feel that my mom wants me to change like u said over night.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8564.msg108265#msg108265 date=1260388253]
    seems to me like you're a bilingual, smart person who came to the right website and asked the right question.
    no-one is destined to be a failure, and certainly not you.
    i think at these times you should take small but very important steps to improve things, not try to change yourself, your family and friends all overnight.
    start by finding a way to let off steam that is healthy, like going for a run with tasbeha on your mp3 player or walkman (if you have one), or going to a room by yourself and reading a few psalms, or memorising a psalm or the prayer of thanksgiving from the agpeya and reciting it in your head when you are stressed.
    then look at one thing you can change about yourself that's not too hard, like not shouting, or not slamming the door when you go out and count up how many times you did it well. then at the end of the day you can talk to God and repent the things you didn't do well, but also praise Him that you had (eg) 5 people shout at you and you only shouted back once.
    do you have a FOC (priest) you can talk to? how are you with God, can you talk to Him? or are you too angry? these are good points to start, but if this is too difficult, let us know and someone can come up with something else.
    God definately cares for you, and we will pray for you too.

Gosh, that was really nice advice there mabsoota.

How old are you exactly?  Did you discuss these issues with your FoC? Does he visit your home often?

Try to get to know your local priest and confide in him these issues. I hope he can help you through this.
  • honestly in my view your blessed..... you just have to push yourself out of this and remember not to censure your parents and always respect them bro, im a junior and im trying to pull up a 3.01 gpa, and i am you wanna know why?

-I Pray
    -I depend on God for EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE
    -I respect the people around me
    -I stopped all the small habits that lead me the wrong way....cursing, sexual immorality, all of them
    -I dont care any more when people make fun of me
    -I dont care how i look, and neither do i care what people say about me behind me
    -i dont pay attention to anyone else but me and my salvation (i try)
    all of these things are the things that are going to bring you back on track, who cares what your mom says or what your dad does thats their salvation (im not saying forget them you have to love them and respect them) but if she calls you a zift or whatever just say sorry mom and thats it walk away. the more you stay with your parents and argue and talk back the deeper you get yourself into the trouble your in. Cant you drive????? why dont you just drive to your church and find someone to help you with school? or even just clean up help around, anything to release yourself from thinking about home or fighting with your parents. I used to be the same exact way with my mother she would always get mad, scream, yell, hit, everything but as i grew it struck me....these were done to teach me discipline and i do love her no matter what, EVEN IF SHE CHOPPED ALL MY FINGERS OFF i would never stop loving my mother and father. These are the traits that you have to learn to build in order to focus on school and life. Dont sit on the couch and watch tv and curse your parents, although i am the last to speak of all people about being lazy and getting mad, and even in general sin. But thats not the point, just focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus focus untill you finally have it. the road is going to be hard but no one is forcing you to take it.....
  • Christ seemed like a failure on the cross, but after He ressurected He was a success.
    Through His weakness He became strong.
    Same with you...Although your life seems like a failure, it will be a success in the end. God will raise you up just like hoe He raised Lazarus from the dead. Pray that He will help you
  • God loves you so much!
    Your parents love you and so do your siblings, because don't
    you love them? If you didn't you wouldn't care about all of these problems.

Combine faith (spiritual) side with realistic hard work.

Don't worry, one step at a time. You have many options.

As for this college thing, if you are in the U.S., the average GPA of college admissions doesn't generally have to be good.

Also, we all care about you
    God bless +++
  • not everyone has to go to college. sometimes it's good to finish school, get a job and then save money for studying later, when you know what you want to do. it actually isn't the end of the world if you don't become a doctor or engineer, even in egypt they have people who didn't do college  ;)
    (you wouldn't think so...)
    maybe you can tell your FOC a bit about the problem, like the birthday thing (happened to me once, but then i'm old...) coz it's not easy to go into a lot of detail with someone who knows your folks, even a priest. then you can maybe open up a bit more each time.
    also look for people at church who are humble and know the Bible well and hang out with them (even if they are old and a bit 'boring') and you will learn from them.
  • Hey a good idea is to go to a community college where you can boast your GPA up and in the mean time the the general classes

By the way your story sounds like Joseph in the old testment. His life started with his brothers selling him. then he went and worked as a servant. After that he was thrown in jail. But in the end he became the second man in Egypt meaning that he was right after pharoh. If you look at his story in the beginning you would think that he is going no where. But in fact he became really successful.
    The key to his succes was, "The LORD was with Joseph, and he was a successful man" Genesis 39:2

We love you
    God Bless your life
    And pray for me
  • There is nothing Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ can not do.
    Just Remember
    Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

May God Bless you and help you

A unworthy sinner,
    TzegeMariam
  • i think you should read the book of JOB-its wonderful and you'll deffinitley learn from it..promise ;)