Circumcision

2»

Comments

• [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106273#msg106273 date=1252950062]

hmm....just wanted to say to atleast consider "religion" into all of this.

what are you talking about??????????

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love. (Galatians 5:6)

the circumcision NOW is for medical reasons....as a necessity of salvation as in Judaism. for both genders....especially males. btw, it never says in the bible females need to be circumcised.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5477.msg106275#msg106275 date=1252963899]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106273#msg106273 date=1252950062]

hmm....just wanted to say to atleast consider "religion" into all of this.

what are you talking about??????????

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love. (Galatians 5:6)

the circumcision NOW is for medical reasons....as a necessity of salvation as in Judaism. for both genders....especially males. btw, it never says in the bible females need to be circumcised.

so why on earth are you telling me to consider religion into this? ?  we are not jews, if your jewish, then go ahead and circumcise your child... and why are you telling me how the bible says females dont need to be circumcised? it says the same thing for males (see my previous post)... i understand something called God's will, but that is not required for us as Christians nowadays

and medical reasons? thats baloney

watch these two videos and ull see where im coming from:

• [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106276#msg106276 date=1252964573]

BALONEY....WOW.....ok
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5477.msg106277#msg106277 date=1252966027]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106276#msg106276 date=1252964573]

BALONEY....WOW.....ok

lmao... one shower a day man, thats all it takes... female circumcision is more effective at preventing infection than male circumcision

btw plz watch those videos
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106278#msg106278 date=1252969133]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5477.msg106277#msg106277 date=1252966027]

BALONEY....WOW.....ok

lmao... one shower a day man, thats all it takes... female circumcision is more effective at preventing infection than male circumcision

one shower....i wonder if that can be a cure for cancer or even HIV.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5477.msg106279#msg106279 date=1252969332]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106278#msg106278 date=1252969133]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5477.msg106277#msg106277 date=1252966027]

BALONEY....WOW.....ok

one shower....i wonder if that can be a cure for cancer or even HIV.

dude, WATCH those videos

cancer of the penis is rare, its like 1 in a 100 000,...and why not cut of breasts, which is more common??

and HIV? are you kidding me? if i have sex with a prostitute im not magically going to prevent getting HIV, ...besides, we dont even live that lifestyle

there are NO justifiable benefits for circumcision. ...youre not a doctor, i suggest you do some more research
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=5477.msg106280#msg106280 date=1252969909]
    there are NO justifiable benefits for circumcision. ...youre not a doctor, i suggest you do some more research

i don't have to. there are more on this forum that ALREADY have said what's right. you are the one who brought back the post with an arguing opinion of no bases.

i personally have another reason for it but it's not proper to speak about it here on this forum. so i won't reply to this again.....good luck convincing others your opinion.
  • well then if ur an advocate for ignorance then so be it

i simply brought up this because i didnt wanna start a new thread, all im saying is that its wrong and wondering why its customary in our church, when there are no advantages (only disadvantages) for it

and i think i know your "other reason" for it
  • Sodr, though there are arguments in the medical world about the benefits/disadvantages of circumcision, it is true that circumcision does cut down on the transmission of HIV by 70%. You may ask then, so what? People are just going to get circumcised and go sin. Yes and no. Yes perhaps in our society some people may abuse that, but in Africa, a continent that is ravaged by AIDS, circumcision programs are taking root because it is necessary there. The people aren't necessarily "sinning," for there are married couples and their offspring that are suffering and looking for ways to stop this. If you have a married couple, and one of them has HIV, and the other does not, then the other one will look for every possible way to prevent the transmission, and circumcision is one way. Less transmission amongst family members allows for a new generation of HIV negative children, whereas now many of the children are being born with it. Instead of both parents dying, it gives one parent the chance to raise their child past the age of 13.

Here's a recent link: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/weekinreview/30rabin.html

• You may ask then, so what? People are just going to get circumcised and go sin.

you will most likely contract HIV if you "go sin" with someone who has it, regardless if you are circumcised or not

The people aren't necessarily "sinning," for there are married couples and their offspring that are suffering and looking for ways to stop this. If you have a married couple, and one of them has HIV, and the other does not, then the other one will look for every possible way to prevent the transmission, and circumcision is one way.

are you saying if i have HIV and get circumcised, it will get rid of it? i doubt it, and just to let u know, female circumcision is illegal, yet its perfectly fine for a man to do it

besides, why do copts get circumcised? and if u wanna talk links, here u go:

http://www.circumcision.org/information.htm
  • U guys let's remember that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, let's stop arguing.

State your opinions without arguing or name calling.

Forgive me if i have offended anyone