I LIKE HIM...HE WANTS TO GET MARRIED

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi ...

i was wondering, i have this friend. he is about 22 and he is not very close to me and it is very difficult to get 'close' to him as a friend as his family makes me unconfortable staring at him always.

Anyways, he is looking for a bride. i am much younder than him though and i dont think that my age is what he expects as awife. what should i do? i am in a akward and difficult position i know. but i do not have a clue to what i should do.

Also, i am not ready to get mariied to him and proobably wont anyway

thanks in advance
sarah

Comments

• Hi Sarah, look lol, first of all did he propose to you? and If he did are you sure that you don't like it? another important thing, have you opened the subject with your parents and your FOC? if yes what do they think? Lol if you decided at the end that he is not the person that you would like to live with the rest of your life, then simply just tell him that you are not thinking about this subject and that you consider him as only a collegue in church or as a brother and he will understand everything. But again, i do suggest that you don't take any action except if you tell your parents and your FOC and see what they say ok, GOD be with you, don't worry so much, I am sure you will know what to do

Baladoos
  • i have not OPENLY talked to my parents about this..but they have given me the impression that he is a NO NO. Once again, i have talked to my FOC...and he has also encouraged that he is a NO NO

No he has not yet proposed to me
  • Lol that's ok then, why are you worried? everything should be ok, if he didn't propose to you yet then don't worry about it at all, if he did then just say what I told you if you think it is good to say so

• wel i think uve answered ur own question my dear,
    ur foc said its a no no and ur parents gave u the impression that hes a no no and finally, he has not proposed 2 u.
  • hey ya mamma

i am sure your parents and abona see reasons for this "NO NO NO" i am sure they see something in him that you don't see! so listen to them! and i saw from your first post on this topic that you don't feel comfortable around his parents! and you said " he is not very close to me and it is very difficult to get 'close' to him as a friend "
    so don't worry about it!
    relax and breath!! and if he did propose to you then you know your answer!!
    GBWU
    pray for me cuz since my uncle died i can NOT focus on my college work!
    ur sis in faith
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • GUYS UR MISSING THE POINT

I LIKE HIM ALOTTT...enough to WANT him to propose!
  • mm ah ok, so now what i understand is that you like him but your parents and your FOC don't agree about him right? now are they refusing the point that you get married at your age now, or actually refusing the point of him as a person? if they are refusing him as a person, they I do suggest that you take your time to think about it, because there is a high chance that you are just attracted a lil bit to him but don't really really love him, you get me? Your parents' point of view is always right because they have a much more broad experience than you. Have you tried to disscuss the subject with them and see exactly what they say? If no, I suggest that you discuss it with them and see what they say, do you mind if I ask you how old are you? did you finish your studies yet? all of these points counts and you must know that you don't have to rush into anything at all. Most importantly pray pray and pray, and talk to FOC more about it to see how he thinks

All the best

Baladoos
  • i am gonna add somen here ya baladoos if u don't mind

i am sure ur parents see somen wrong with him and ofcourse abona know everyone more than their friends know them.

so i'd listen to abona and if he said no, then you really gotta think abt and let ur imagination run with it! abona sees him not the rgt person for you! get it? and i am sure your parents see somen wrong in him! u can ask them and see what it is and try to convince yourself that parents and abona are alawys and forever more RIGHT! cuz they know more than us!

and if he is good for you, i am sure ur parents if they see he is good for you, would do anything to make you happy! and make sure u will marry him! but if not then be sure that your parents know wht they are saying! they want to help you and secure your future not harm you!

GBWU
  • ok got more distrubing NEWS!!

HE LIKES ME..thinking of marrying me..

i like him..but dont wanna marry him...

parents dont agree aswell..

but i LIKE HIM..i dont wanna leave him...

I DONT KNOW!! IM CONFUSED
  • just simply tell him

"""""i would like to stay friends and only friends!! """

even if you admire him, but u don't wanna marry him!!
  • hmm wel...talk this out with ur mum!!
  • when you said you have this friend....i mean do you even like him...or are you just looking for a husband so you can be in a relationship....i mean do you see yourself with him all your life because we do not divorce and whatever God ties up...no one can seperate it....so think about it before anything and see if you really like him and see yourself with him...and do not worry God is there and He knows the way for each one of us
  • dude wen u say ur much younger than him, by how much r we talkin here??? wat da otha galz re:parents n FOC's no to dis guy is important to consider but u also need to think bout wat u really want? do u really want to get married? r u sure u wanna marry him? do u feel u know him well enough to make such a life changing decision?
  • what do girls really want?

[quote author=1cross3nails4given link=topic=4372.msg60171#msg60171 date=1157282314]
    I LIKE HIM ALOTTT...enough to WANT him to propose!

[quote author=1cross3nails4given link=topic=4372.msg60171#msg60171 date=1157282314]HE LIKES ME..thinking of marrying me..

i like him..but dont wanna marry him...
    what... the... eff..
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=4372.msg105459#msg105459 date=1250339451]
    what... the... eff..

Sodr2, this is a Christian forum, please do not swear or allude to any swears by the use of acronyms or short phrases. Also, can you please stop bringing back old topics? You've posted in many topics that have not seen any sign of activity since 2006, and should not be brought back since many of the original posters are no longer active.
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=4372.msg105466#msg105466 date=1250354800]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=4372.msg105459#msg105459 date=1250339451]
    what... the... eff..

Sodr2, this is a Christian forum, please do not swear or allude to any swears by the use of acronyms or short phrases. Also, can you please stop bringing back old topics? You've posted in many topics that have not seen any sign of activity since 2006, and should not be brought back since many of the original posters are no longer active.

lol, excuse me, but who are you? i would take your comment a little more seriously if u had more than 147 posts, but w/e

i never swear, eff = the letter f = stands for falaffel

and whats wrong with bringing up old topics? what if theyre interesting, am i forbidden to bring them up? if you guys have a problem with it, then ill stop, but i only brought up like 3, besides u can ignore them
    the  forums move slow anyways, forgive me if i have caused you distress for bringing up this topic
  • Let me add that I would also prefer that no-one even alludes to bad words.

I was blessed to grow up in an evangelical home where my parents did not even allow us to say 'shut-up', and so I find it disturbing to hear even worse words, or allusion to worse words, in the mouths of Orthodox folk.

For my sake, if not for anyone else, please do not allude to such words even by abbreviation.

God bless you

Father Peter
  • Agreed with Abouna.

Additionally, sodr seems to think that posts equate to seniority on this forum. I hate to break it to you, but you are wrongly mistaken.

It is common internet courtesy NOT to resurrect 3 year old threads... all you are doing is cluttering the place up.

I would recommend avoiding trying to cover up your little blunder in such a manner. While it was a vague, rather poor attempt at humor, in reality, I doubt anyone actually laughed, or even smiled, at it. If I were you, I would probably go back and edit the posts.

Good luck in life.

-Severus
  • BRo their minds are so complex they can confuse anyone( no offense intended to anyone who wrote or participated in this thread)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.