Has any one saw Jesus /Mother Mary/ A saint face to face :)!?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Please share your experience !  :)
I really want to see any of them :)!

Comments

• no, but maybe not everyone would be able to share if they have, coz it's the sort of thing that affects you very deeply and is difficult to explain to people, esp to people on the computer you can't see.
    i have met people who have seen angels and i met someone whose bishop had a vision of anba antony when he was being ordained.

i personally would not pray for visions because i am weak and it would lead to pride.
    what is very beautiful is the peace that God gives. you don't need to have any spiritual visions to feel God's peace. just be where God wants you to be, doing His will and you will know His peace. being ready to do anything, especially menial tasks like cleaning your parents' floor or washing cups in church or teaching a reluctant child to behave nicely, will result in God's peace.

for me, getting a bad report from my boss and being humiliated in front of important people brought me peace, coz i said 'litakun mashiatak' (Lord's prayer) and accepted God's will without fighting it. then i got this amazing peace, better than if i had been a great preacher or doing great deeds.

may God bless you with His great peace, salaam leek
  • Here is the thing with our church if a Our Lord Jesus Christ or Virgin Mary or any of the Saints appear to you, you should only tell your Father of Confession so he knows you should not go around boasting and say that a Saint appeared to you. The only time where we tell about Jesus Christ or any of the Saints appearing to us is if lets say we were sick and then a Saint comes and heals us we tell people so we give glory to God.
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=7961.msg102775#msg102775 date=1241810257]
    Here is the thing with our church if a Our Lord Jesus Christ or Virgin Mary or any of the Saints appear to you, you should only tell your Father of Confession so he knows you should not go around boasting and say that a Saint appeared to you. The only time where we tell about Jesus Christ or any of the Saints appearing to us is if lets say we were sick and then a Saint comes and heals us we tell people so we give glory to God.

actually sometimes you are SUPPOSED to go around and preach this. It's not about you boasting in this but rather the glory of God be revealed to others in the wondrous things He does.
  • The saints would be pleased of you.
    People will start to learn about that certain saint you saw.
    People will start to celebrate his Festival with love.
  • From my poor sinful experience, if you see christ/saint mary but especially the lord jesus christ, No language would be sufficient in aiding you to describe what he looks like. As it says, what an eye has never seen nor ear heard, it is an experience that would leave you wordless. you can not describe whats heavenly/godly with earthly language. But all what a person can say is that its a peaceful encounter
    pray for me
  • [quote author=I am all yours Lord link=topic=7961.msg103243#msg103243 date=1242624262]
    From my poor sinful experience, if you see christ/saint mary but especially the lord jesus christ, No language would be sufficient in aiding you to describe what he looks like. As it says, what an eye has never seen nor ear heard, it is an experience that would leave you wordless. you can not describe whats heavenly/godly with earthly language. But all what a person can say is that its a peaceful encounter
    pray for me

beautiful.
  • ok minagir thats what I said but when a Saint randomly appears to you...you shouldn't be going around saying that a Saint appeared to you it can cause another person to look at you and say "Who does he/she think he/she is for a saint to appear to him/her?" even though when you tell someone your intention arent to boast about it
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=7961.msg105510#msg105510 date=1250521447]
    ok minagir thats what I said but when a Saint randomly appears to you...you shouldn't be going around saying that a Saint appeared to you it can cause another person to look at you and say "Who does he/she think he/she is for a saint to appear to him/her?" even though when you tell someone your intention arent to boast about it

than let's just say to obey that saint's words when he/she tells you what to do after the apparition.
  • ok but what if a saint appears and they say nothing about after? i know im thinking it overboard but ya3ni
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=7961.msg105518#msg105518 date=1250524021]
    ok but what if a saint appears and they say nothing about after? i know im thinking it overboard but ya3ni

when this happens to you we will talk about it.

p.s. i HATE these "what if questions" on this forum!!!
  • wow this post is funny and interesting at the same time

i agree with most of you by not saying to everyone a saint or Heavenly Being appeared to you

But if he/she had a message or something important than you could say
  • I would add my voice to mabsoota

[quote author=mabsoota link=topic=7961.msg102772#msg102772 date=1241806051]
    no, but maybe not everyone would be able to share if they have, coz it's the sort of thing that affects you very deeply and is difficult to explain to people, esp to people on the computer you can't see.

I completely believe that Jesus and other saints may come in our dreams for two reasons. First, if the person is thinking about them a lot and befriending and talking to them. Second, to support us in our spiritual battles.

God bless
  • [quote author=Godslamb link=topic=7961.msg105541#msg105541 date=1250578345]
    I would add my voice to mabsoota

[quote author=mabsoota link=topic=7961.msg102772#msg102772 date=1241806051]
    no, but maybe not everyone would be able to share if they have, coz it's the sort of thing that affects you very deeply and is difficult to explain to people, esp to people on the computer you can't see.

I completely believe that Jesus and other saints may come in our dreams for two reasons. First, if the person is thinking about them a lot and befriending and talking to them. Second, to support us in our spiritual battles.

God bless

If Jesus or a Saint comes to you in a dream and they do not do the sign of the Cross or are not holding a Cross then the dream is from the devil.
    in the book "practical Spirituality according to the desert fathers" by Father Athanasius Iskander on page 43 its says:
    A spiritual person will always deem him/herself unworthy of these
    revelations. Dreams are totally under the control of the devil. God
    spoke to certain people through dreams, but these can be counted on
    the fingers and they were saints and prophets, not sinners like us. We
    should not give much weight to dreams. Saint Antony once said, “He
    who believes in dreams is the toy of the demons.”

here is the link for the book above: http://www.stmaryscopticorthodox.ca/content/books/spirituality.pdf

Rabena Ma3koom
  • blessed be our dear Heavenly Father and His saints!

I want to say that God appears to me quite a few times... actually last time I talked to Him was an hour or so ago! He talked to me on the phone!

sometimes we forget that our Lord told us that visiting the sick, is as visiting Him... so many of us see God in the flesh too many times,  sadly many times we ignore Him... but if we were to wake up and to always help Him as much as we can when we see Him as a senior person, beggar, a person in the hospital, and etc... He will bless you with a divine visit! we see this clearly in the story of "om el ghalaba"

and since you want a story, I will give you one... I will give you one of my personal encounters, as this is the first time I have publicly said this, I take no pride in the act... but I do take pride in my God, and how much He really does seek after me! I used to live a life of sin... much more than the sinful life I possess now! one night I was out partying came home, I did much that was wrong, but yet I was beyond the stage feeling guilt for sins... I was too tired so i went to sleep... then in the morning I woke up to an old man i can never forget this man's face, so of course i woke up and sat up on my bed almost ready to fight this intruder in my house (even though I really didn't feel he was an intruder, because one he was wearing a black galabeya, and two for some odd reason I felt peace and comfort), but as I was sitting I felt motionless, and he kept repeating "wake up" in an angry voice... and I thought in my head, who is this old man?! does he not see how big I am?! but I was still motionless without control... then he approached me... and held me by the shirt and got so close to my face... and told me "wake up... why are you living this life?... foo2 ba2a" again he said this in an angry voice! and I felt the grip of his hand on my shirt... then he disappeared... and I was like "umm what just happened here?!" I thought I was dreaming because of how unrealistic it was for my mind to comprehend! but yet my shirt was crumbled due to his grip... when I looked around me, my eyes went to my door where there is this picture of saint Bishoy with the short beard... and that is who it was!

I remember that day I didn't want to talk to anyone at all!

this is for the sake of showing you how much God really does love us... you have no how much seeks after us... and after me, we ana homar... we are really not worthy for such love!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • i saw an apparition of who i just assumed to be the Holy Virgin St. Mary at the door of my bedroom....i had beeen reading one of the Church library books about the Miracles of St. Mary, and praying to Her for help and guidance and she came to me and stood at my door like a caring parent looking over a child. i only saw a side profile in the shadow and Her face was covered by Her veil and robes...i drew a sketch i would like to turn into a painting.
    Some liquid came out of the wall by where She appeared and i unthinkingly rubbed it on my head....since which i have had a bad fall-banged my head up pretty bad but didn't suffer much at all....i think such a fall would have killed someone, but i have lived to tell the story and hopefully paint the picture.

GB
  • Glory be to the Living God. Amen
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=jibrahim23 link=topic=7961.msg105698#msg105698 date=1251146248]
    Oh yes and I have seen Pope Kyrollos.  He was sitting next to me and he gave me a Liturgy Book. This made me become closer to God.  Also i have seen St. George the martyr.  Well one day we were going to church late and Abouna told us that if anyone was late they would not be a deacon because a bishop was going there.  So i had given up.  So then i looked at my Tonya which had St. George on it and asked him how he could let me be late on the day of his feast and when a bishop was coming.  So then all I hear during the rest of the car ride is that a horse is running. So i looked out of the window and i see a man in armor  with a white horse riding in the woods.  And when he looked at me his face was shining.  I was very happy and we got to church before the bishop was there. :)

Nice... I heard a story in Pope Kyrillos' miracle book of someone who saw him during liturgy and was too distracted by him, then the pope taught him a lesson to always pay attention during mass :O

BTW... that Liturgy Book... I'd hold onto that, that's like... holy... from heaven maybe lol
  • Just a reminder,

We should always make the sign of the cross if we see an apparition.

the devil could appear to you as anything and i don't want any of you to be deceived

Pray for me