The Holy Spirit??? WHAT? HOW? Who?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello Brothers and Sister,

First I want to say I spent easter in Jerusalem and in Bethlahem and it was amazing. I must say the holy land feels much holier than the USA during celebrations and feasts of Christ our Lord. I experienced the holy light in Jerusalem and this is my first time here visiting the tomb of christ and the birth place and I must say it truly moved me. Anyways to my question I don't want to bore you. LOL

One question that has been on my mind a lot and I was wondering if any of you have experience with it or have heard its voice or have been guided by it or have had wisdom or understanding from it, Is the Holy Spirit? I mean I know Jesus and what he did for us and he is the Man form of God. And I know God is our father in heaven and the holy spirit is his spirit that dwells in us. But how to we talk to it or pray to it or use it more for our advantage? I mean we are all told Gods spirit is inside of us and we are made in his image if so than how do we tap into this power to be able to do and say as God would do?

I know this is a long question, but I want to learn more about the holy spirit and how to use it. If you have any experiences or church father quotes or prayers, please share them because I am willing to learn.

Thank you and God bless

Pray for me and my family for we are still in the holy land that we have a safe departure and arrive all together safe and sound in the USA.

Thank you,

C

Comments

• There is a great series by Father Anthony Messeh on who the Holy Spirit is and how He acts in our lives. The sermons are on orthodoxsermons.org.....if there is a way for you to download them and even listen to them on the plane ride, Im sure you'll benefit from them....they're great sermons and really helped me understand how and who and what......

Keep my weakness in your prayers
  • I love Father Anthony Messeh. Do you happen to have the link for that series? That would help alot you can email it to me or post it here.

Thanks Omelnour
  • I think the first step is to recognize that the Holy Spirt isn't an "it", as that renders the Holy Spirit as some impersonal object - but rather a person.
  • Good point duck. I never thought if it that way. Anyone care to share, how they talk to the holy spirit and any personal experiences you can share or prayers that help you get closer to him?

Thanks

Pray for me.
  • [quote author=Conqueror link=topic=7873.msg102212#msg102212 date=1240518765]
    Good point duck. I never thought if it that way. Anyone care to share, how they talk to the holy spirit and any personal experiences you can share or prayers that help you get closer to him?

Thanks

Pray for me.

I don't get the point of what you're saying. You cannot saparate the Holy Trinity in this way. You have to understand the Mystery of the Trinity to realize that you can't ask such question (of course never fully because afterall, it is a mystery that can't be fully comprehansed with our earthly minds).
  • I think each person (its the best word I have to use...pardon my ignorance) of the Holy Trinity has a specific job....even though they are one God in essence, they play different roles. For example, God the Father is the creator, God the Son is the savior, and God the Holy Spirit is the comforter and the one of the Trinity who lives inside of us and direct us to God's path when we stray.

please pray for my weakness
  • A servant at my church was once invited to a baby's baptism. As we all know when we are baptised we recieve the Holy Spirit. So after the priest baptised the baby and laid it on the table to put the mairoon, the servant took a picture of the baby. When she saw the photo that she took, she saw the baby inside a green bubble (or dome). She was pondering about what the bubble could be, it turned out to be the Holy Spirit.