Why is the UK against Christianity

edited February 2009 in Random Issues
What is going on in the UK? I thought it was a Christian Country!!!

Now a foster mother has been struck off the adoption register for allowing a muslim girl to convert to Christianity. The girl converted under her own will at the age of 16. What does this have to do with the council!????? Why is the government upset that she wanted to become a Christian in a Christian country under her own will??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1139285/Foster-mother-struck-letting-Muslim-girl-convert-Christianity.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4557618/Christian-foster-mother-struck-off-after-Muslim-girl-converts.html

Comments

• The trouble is that many in Government, the Media and authority in social organisations are anti-Christian.

Most of the ordinary people I work with are fairly conservative in a live and let live sort of way, but many of those who have power are liberal in the sense of they are anti-Christianity, indeed anti-traditions of any sort.

They are not liberal in the sense of believing that people should actually have liberty, which is why they have created so many laws to regulate and even ban everything we might want to do.

In Christ

Deacon Peter
  • Yes, from what I have read, its a sad but true fact that in the name of being liberal, they are involuntarily playing into the hands of radical elements within a community having ulterior motives. "Bending over backwards to appease" is how a relative described it. I am not sure if disowning tradition completely is a solution. Unfortunately, it comes at a time when most churches are seeing drastic dwindling in their memberships and the alternate lifestyle promoters are having a field day.
  • There are so many muslims in the Uk that there's a fear it might become a muslim country in a few decades! This is because the spiritual lives of so many British are in crisis. Look at what's been happening in the Anglican Church with gay bishops and teaching doubt in the Resurrection! America is not too far off with all this stuff about gay marriages, abortion, and hedonism! Ancient Rome fell becuase it let the barbarians do their fighting and let them spread into its politics! This is one reason people became more receptive to countless 'mystery' religions with Christianity ultimately triumphing. I don't mean to sound 'homophobic' nor racist. This is what I see and I am praying hard for peace and understanding in today's hectic world. I am open to be corrected. Please pray for me a great sinner! Thank you.