The BEST Coptic Hymn

2»

Comments

• [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=9976.msg122178#msg122178 date=1289682094]
    The lyrics were the problem Mina  :P

yeah. i wasn't being specific about anything that zoxasi said.
    it's that if you say "this is just a hymn" about this hymn, what stops you from saying that about the rest of the hymns. now well be saying pek-ethorons everyday
  • If we were to say Pek-ethronos every day, would it be with or without the nose?

There are plenty of things added on in addition to something ascribed for a given day.

For example, the Priest when he does the Fraction Prayer, he has the liberty of choosing any that he wants, regardless of the occasion.  Although there are traditions to use particular ones for a given day, it is not a stone etched rule.  I have heard plenty of different priests use Fraction Prayers totally out of the cycle.

Doxologies (that is self-explanatory), a whole variety.

I believe in giving the day its due (inclusive of protocol, rites, and readings).  There is nothing wrong with adding or supplementing.

In the Fasting of St. Mary is there a problem with mentioning the Great St. Mark?--no. 

In the Psali, there are Festal and Occasional Writings, and if one reads the instructions, they are followed by the nominal for the given day.

Anoter point, if Sunday is the Resurrection Day, then Saturday is also 'Bright Saturday'.  Let Sasi sing, and enjoy that the Day that the Lord has made.  Maybe one day he can become a phonetic instead of a fanatic.

Sasi--The voice you heard was mine.  Since TITL thinks I am an internet phenomenon, I must have the ability for mind-meld.  I feel your pain Zoxsasi.  Remember, it is not just a hymn, it is a prayerful plea.

Just curious, did this stir the fire even further--hopefully.  I like a good argument.