Abba Seraphim leads pilgrimage to Egypt

There is a report here...

http://britishorthodox.org/1419/pilgrimage-to-egypt/

with some photos of Abba Seraphim's recent visit to Egypt leading a group of pilgrims.

Father Peter

Comments

• It was nice to read the write-up.

As an observation:  When I look at the British Orthodox website, I see how His Eminence looks to the people around him with fatherly eyes, and the people (lay and cleric) look back with glowing eyes towards their father.  Yet, you can see the same expression in representation of His Eminence as he looks at His Holiness.  His Holiness extends his hand onto the shoulder of His Eminence, and looks at His Eminence with fatherly eyes.  Absolutely amazing!  I can only imagine when His Holiness turns and looks at Our Master, the amazing feeling of looking into His Eyes and receiving the Fatherly comfort that he [H.H.] gives to everyone that encounters him.  The whole paternal hierarchy just struck me when I saw that lovely picture.

Thanks for sharing, Fr. Peter.

I hate to look into my father's eyes when I have done wrong (this is inclusive of my biological father, my clerical fathers, and my Father in Heaven).
  • Thank you Father Peter for this good news and the photos.
    HG Abba Seraphim with all who accompanied him have blessed us by their visit.

GBU