Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Who said this?
I was listening to a sermon by Bishop Youssef and in it he mentioned that a Russian father said/wrote that to make the whole life holy, it is enough to only make the present moment holy. i.e. if one makes sure that the the moment he/she is living in is holy, then the whole life will be holy. Similarly, if one does not make the present moment holy then the whole life will not be holy. This is because the "present moment" is really all we can control...not the past and not the future, but we always have control over the present moment.
Does anyone know who the person who talked or wrote about this was? If I remember correctly, Bishop Youssef said he was Russian, but I am not sure if it was a Russian clergy person or not.
Thanks!
Does anyone know who the person who talked or wrote about this was? If I remember correctly, Bishop Youssef said he was Russian, but I am not sure if it was a Russian clergy person or not.
Thanks!

