Facial Tattoo

2»

Comments

• a tattoo is not a way to come closer to God ... even pope shounda said getting a cross on your hand doesn't mean any thing ..
    a cross tattoo is like a cross necklaces around your head ... so why have a tattoo .
  • good point
  • [quote author=kirollos3 link=topic=9518.msg117482#msg117482 date=1281005629]
    a tattoo is not a way to come closer to God ... even pope shounda said getting a cross on your hand doesn't mean any thing ..
    a cross tattoo is like a cross necklaces around your head ... so why have a tattoo .

I never said anything about getting a tattoo so that I can "come closer to God". Atleast I didnt see in the thread anywhere, so if you are saying that I said that, well then you are lying. I said very specifically, because I know how judgmental Egyptians can be, that it has to do with the Apocalypse. It is a symbolic way of rejecting the anti-Christ, instead of his mark on my right hand or forehead, I will have the mark of Christ in defiance of him. So please, before you go assuming things, try reading or even maybe asking might help.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9518.msg117223#msg117223 date=1280406617]
    I dont think anything anyone says here will have any effect on wether I get it or not, cept maybe Fr Peter.

so what is the point of this thread if no one can sway your decision lol?
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9518.msg117655#msg117655 date=1281316126]
    [quote author=kirollos3 link=topic=9518.msg117482#msg117482 date=1281005629]
    a tattoo is not a way to come closer to God ... even pope shounda said getting a cross on your hand doesn't mean any thing ..

I never said anything about getting a tattoo so that I can "come closer to God". Atleast I didnt see in the thread anywhere, so if you are saying that I said that, well then you are lying. I said very specifically, because I know how judgmental Egyptians can be, that it has to do with the Apocalypse. It is a symbolic way of rejecting the anti-Christ, instead of his mark on my right hand or forehead, I will have the mark of Christ in defiance of him. So please, before you go assuming things, try reading or even maybe asking might help.

first of all .. i am talking about tattoos in general not your case . but also what i mean is that getting a cross will never change anything .. i heard a speech by the pope saying you should not get a cross or any tattoos ... here is the reason . when you become a christian . you give your body to Christ but putting tattoos on it is messing it up even if it is as simple as a cross on your hand .... you are a Christians when you do the sign of the cross . all demons leave you and go away this is how strong the SIGN of the cross can be ...

• [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9518.msg117663#msg117663 date=1281324466]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9518.msg117223#msg117223 date=1280406617]
    I dont think anything anyone says here will have any effect on wether I get it or not, cept maybe Fr Peter.

so what is the point of this thread if no one can sway your decision lol?

Its not about that necessarily. Read through some of the posts, its more of a personal attack as opposed to just stating why one should not be done. All I have heard is things like "do you also go through the streets like a crazy person shouting the end is near?" or that "a tattoo is not a way to come closer to God" as if I am implying that my goal is to come closer to God with a tattoo. I agree that it is no different than wearing a cross on a necklace or ring. I agree that a facial tattoo may be going a bit too far, atleast in the eyes of typical people.
    But this jumping to conclusions and judgmental behavior is just disturbing to me.
    btw I would like that sermon Kirollos
  • [quote author=Ioannes]

Its not about that necessarily. Read through some of the posts, its more of a personal attack as opposed to just stating why one should not be done. All I have heard is things like "do you also go through the streets like a crazy person shouting the end is near?" or that "a tattoo is not a way to come closer to God" as if I am implying that my goal is to come closer to God with a tattoo. I agree that it is no different than wearing a cross on a necklace or ring. I agree that a facial tattoo may be going a bit too far, atleast in the eyes of typical people.
    But this jumping to conclusions and judgmental behavior is just disturbing to me.
    btw I would like that sermon Kirollos

it was on CTV channel. i do not know how to get it ... i will see if i can find it .
  • Ioannes, no offense but this is a useless thread, what really disturbs me is a three page discussion about whether a person should get a tattoo on his head. Ioannes, i am egyptian but i must admit that we are very judgemental, and that's not a good thing obviously, but these kinds of decisions can only be made by your family. It doesn't matter what any of us say here apparently to you. Go talk to your family ask them and tell them what you feel, and figure out what you are going to do, if you were just looking for Father Peter's replies then pm him, don't just make threads about useless things like this.
  • Mike calm down there cowboy. Its not like I sat down and thought, hey let me make the most pointless thread, and make sure that ignorant egyptians insult me. If you think that was my intention your gravely mistaken. I did not expect the horrible feedback that I got, and there are much more pointless threads out there.

What I proved is that egyptians are judgmental and ignorant. I mentioned Origen, hoping that someone might "get it". But nobody did. Nobody even thought, what about St. Samuel, and Egyptian saint who gouged his eye, is that extreme?

It really is amazing that I posted something very insignificant expecting to have one or two people reply, only to have a bunch of ignorant egyptians insult me. This is exactly why I find it hard to go to church, the people. I do correspond with Fr. Peter, and I am not looking for his input on this subject.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9518.msg117693#msg117693 date=1281379173]
    Ioannes, no offense but this is a useless thread, what really disturbs me is a three page discussion about whether a person should get a tattoo on his head. Ioannes, i am egyptian but i must admit that we are very judgemental, and that's not a good thing obviously, but these kinds of decisions can only be made by your family. It doesn't matter what any of us say here apparently to you. Go talk to your family ask them and tell them what you feel, and figure out what you are going to do, if you were just looking for Father Peter's replies then pm him, don't just make threads about useless things like this.

that is right
  • Sad, not one single apology.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9518.msg117714#msg117714 date=1281390537]
    Sad, not one single apology.

you are thinking very wrong ... you are assuming the wrong way ..... look we are just speaking . you take what you want and leave the rest . you clearly do not know Egyptians ... not even close to knowing us . because there is about 20 different Christians .. none are the same .. but you think we just judge we do not . even if one did that doesn't mean all Egyptians do it , you should not  receive an apology you should give it to Egyptians .. i do not know what you are . but what if i said your people are the worst most losers in the world .. what will be your statement  now . i said my opinion and you took it the wrong way is that my problem ???
  • I have had plenty of crap slung my way, and not one apology and I will not apologize to you or any egyptian. What I will do is elaborate on what I was saying when referring to "egyptians". I am referring to the culture, not necessarily the people themselves. Kirollos, go back through some of those replies and tell me those are not malicious.

To be honest just drop it, it seems like this site is primarily made up of kids who dont have a clue as to what they are talking about. So just forget about it.
  • you know what ... i am sorry ..
  • nobody did anything wrong, don't be a baby, you said that you want people's input on this matter and you got it, it just wasn't what you expected. I am not saying sorry because i just did what you asked.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9518.msg117900#msg117900 date=1281543783]
    nobody did anything wrong, don't be a baby, you said that you want people's input on this matter and you got it, it just wasn't what you expected. I am not saying sorry because i just did what you asked.

If I insult people, I apologize. Therefore I expect an apology for the horrid insults. I asked for input indeed, I did NOT ask for people to attack my character. So why dont you shut up and open your mouth when you have something intelligent to say. Thanks.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9518.msg117900#msg117900 date=1281543783]
    nobody did anything wrong, don't be a baby, you said that you want people's input on this matter and you got it, it just wasn't what you expected. I am not saying sorry because i just did what you asked.

actually you are very right ... nobody said any thing i guess to insult .

• Do you want to get a tattoo on your head?

I would ask your wife before you do something like that. It could be a problem for you later on.

If you really want to do something for "Apocalyptic" reasons, why don't you buy yourself a white horse and ride on it to Church sundays?
    Im glad to see we have fun loving orthodox people here, but don't you think that this erratic behaviour may not be a good example to people who are considering orthodoxy??

Orthodox behaviour is calm, its silent, its contemplatative - its not "bang in your face". I hope you don't go around in the streets screaming at people to repent before Armageddon comes - do you? Its not that I mind, its just, it can perhaps give the wrong signals.

Sorry kirillos but I found this post in particular to be insulting and far from a personal opinion. This is judgmental, and offensive.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9518.msg117924#msg117924 date=1281554408]
    i would also ask your father of confession.

I feel so bad for my FOC. I ask him some of the strangest things, and like when I confess, wow. I know that man is from God because he has the patience of a saint! I am sure he is more shocked if I say something normal than something weird. LOL
  • Ioannes you are my brother in Christ, trust me, anything that was insulting to you i am sorry, but you must understand that nothing said in this thread was wrong or insulting, it was just "negative input". And I don't see how "talk to your wife about this decision", this is not an insult as a matter of fact this is a very wise thing. If it really makes you feel better Ioannes, I am sorry. I don't want to be on your bad side, you are more knowledgeable than i am, as your brother in Christ i ask you to forgive me. When you have hard decisions like these you should always pray about them and God will show you the way.