Forgiveness

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have been repenting since the beginning of Lent.Therefore ,I was able to pray all my prayers with tears and humility.Today I confessed all my sins for the first time.Now here is the problem.I feel like I received forgiveness too easy.My humility became less(not proud about it).How can I implement more love into my prayer.Its just that I have gotten so used to humility that It outweighs my love now.

Thank you.

Comments

• Why would humility outweigh love? Love is a sign of humility. You essentially cannot have one without the other. If you love others you will put them first and above yourself and your needs. Humility is not about crying your eyes away because of sins. St. Isaac the syrian puts it well: “I want to speak about humility, but I am afraid, as one who wants to speak about God. This is because humility is the garment that the Divinity wore when He appeared among us. For this reason, when the devils see a humble person they are afraid, because they see in him the image of their Creator who has subdued them.”
    Also:
    "Every soul that has known the Lord yearns for Him and cries, 'Where art thou, O Lord? Where art Thou, my Light? What hinders Him from dwelling in me?' This hinders Him: Christ like humility and love for my enemies are not in me."
    + St Silouan of Mount Athos +

Love and Humility go hand in hand. Think of Christ, if you can follow His pure example then you will be set.

Pray for me and my weakness
  • Thx you clarified it.I thought humility as you said is just crying my eyes out.
  • Also on a side note, just because you have received forgiveness does not mean you shouldn't remember that you are a sinner.

I know a man who kept no long strict fasts, no vigils, did not sleep on bare earth, imposed on himself no other specially arduous tasks; but, recollecting in memory his sins, understood his worthlessness and, having judged himself, became humble - and for this alone the most compassionate Lord saved him; as the divine David says: 'The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit' (Ps.34:18). In short, he trusted the words of the Lord and for his faith the Lord received him
    + St. Symeon the New Theologian +

Keep in mind your imperfection always and do not boast in anything.
  • kk will do.Thats the problem I had.I thought now that I have received forgiveness that I should forget my sins.Thanks again.