??? Does The Bible contradict itself I dunt think so HELP?!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
??? ok the other day i was explaining toa friend that islam is a religion of violence and taht in the quran it actually instructs muslims to kill unbeleivers and that we(unbeleivers taht is ) where swine my friend disgusted by the quran agreed with me but then the next day he asked me about the bible and told me he found a chapter in the bible Leviticus 20:13 to be exact and i looked it up and it was baout killing homosexuals(which the church is very against i am against them too) and i honestly couldnt answer to it i didnt know what to say less than well they must have takin it out of context because the lord our god and saviour jesus christ says in the ten commandments that killing is a sin.So here i am stuck with teh problem i have to defend the faith but do not know how any help is appreciated

Oh my lord jesus christ my good savior

Comments

• In short: The Mosaic Law was a harsh system employed to raise man to the beggining of his spiritual level. So yes, grave sins were harshly punished, "eye for en eye" and all of that, but it was never God's intended plan that mankind live under such a system. Christ is Lord of the Law and as such, He fulfilled the law and progressed upon it. We now live under grace, the law has been fulfilled.
  • If I am not mistaken when reading Leviticus 20:13 when it says they shall surely be put to death I believe it is talking about what God will do to them not us human beings.

I don't believe the bible is instructing us to go and kill the homosexuals, It is saying this is what will happen to the homosexuals if they dont change their ways.

I hope that helps....

C
  • yeah i see what you guys are saying i also heard that since jesus hadnt died yet we would have goen to hades immediately so thats why we had to follow every rule so i told my friend and he understands thx guys

Aghape
    Chris
    Oh kirios Meta soo