Where is Justice?

2»

Comments

• by the way, the name u had trouble with is kefas (written in greek in his user name), or it can be pronounced cefas (the 'c' like an 's') as in the coptic version of the greek name, as in his signature. i am sure u know this means 'peter', i am adding this for other readers.

i think we can't always understand justice. it is trusting in God that brings blessing and peace. He does not get it wrong, eg, when my relatives' child was still-born at 28 weeks we were all very sad. then after a few year the same relatives fell deeply into the love of money and other kinds of evil, so perhaps God rescued the child from being born into a bad family. we can never understand these things, but it will all become clear when we see Him in heaven, as in 1 corinthians 13, 'now i see in part, then i will see in full'.
    so even st paul didn't understand everything. i am not at all like him, so i accept my weakness and say 'sorry i don't understand'
  • Isaiah 55:8-9
    8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
          Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
    9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
          So are My ways higher than your ways,
          And My thoughts than your thoughts.
  • If I were to be killed, which is highly probable, and that particular person or persons afterward truly repented and became an Orthodox Christian, I would be happy. To know that my death helped reveal the truth to them is an amazing feeling, not only that I wouldnt have to be here anymore which is a great blessing. They would be doing me a favor. As for other examples, you have to remember we are all going to stand before God on judgment day where everything will be revealed for all to see. That is eternal justice, worldly justice never seems to satisfy.
  • the least, i love that Bible passage, one of my favourites, esp the bit that follows, that says the word of God will not return to Him fruitless.
    ioannes, good to 'see' u again, don't die too soon, we need u on tasbeha  ;)
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=8607.msg108875#msg108875 date=1262460964]
    If I were to be killed, which is highly probable, and that particular person or persons afterward truly repented and became an Orthodox Christian, I would be happy. To know that my death helped reveal the truth to them is an amazing feeling, not only that I wouldnt have to be here anymore which is a great blessing. They would be doing me a favor. As for other examples, you have to remember we are all going to stand before God on judgment day where everything will be revealed for all to see. That is eternal justice, worldly justice never seems to satisfy.

Ioannes, in no way am I judging you, and what u are saying, is quite likable, but don't you think by saying that you are leading yourself into temptation?

How do you know that if someone attempted to kill you, your initial reaction would be to be happy about that?