Pure heart

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
How can in have a pure heart like king david?  ?                                                                                                     

Comments

• THATS an awesome question i think it all the time, first i think prayer and then work. Something like that is hard to achieve so it will take constant struggle
    also speak to ur father of confession
  • as Christ_rose, stated this is a very important/awesome question, that alot of us think about.
    i think the best advice i ever got for this, was to try as hard as possible to detach my heart from the worldly matters.  So for example, a person shouldn't be phased by abuse or praise from others.  If one learns that "art", i believe purity will come easy, but it's of course easier said than done.
  • study the life of Jesus,
    love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself
    return good for evil,
    love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
    flee from every sin,
    submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.
    avoid pride, for it leads to a fall, and avoid rebellion, for it is like the sin of witchcraft.
    seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
    submit to the Lord's discipline (hebrews 12 and 13)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=marina008 link=topic=8328.msg106249#msg106249 date=1252889305]
    How can in have a pure heart like king david?  ?                                                                                                       

+king David didnt always have a pure heart..in Psalm 51 he says, wash me and i shall be whiter than snow...create in me a clean heart O God..
    So he completely submitted himself to God..that is why he succeeded..not for his own sake but for God.
    Have patience and resist the devil by doing the spiritual exercises ur Father of Confession gave u (if not, ask him to give u and follow everything he says...for without a guide we will all be lost.) Our God is loving...doesnt it say it the Concluding Prayer of each hour in the Agpia "Who does not wish death for the sinner but repentance and life, calling us all to salvation for the promised forthcoming rewards."
    Pray for me.