spiritual drought

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi everybody
so....

For the last few months i've been feeling a downward shift in my relationship with God. I can't call it anything other than a spiritual drought. I don't pray as much as I used to, and when I do make myself pray, I find myself zoning out and not focusing on God's presence or His glory. I try to read the Bible, but once again, I'm not as interested, or I find myself looking forward to the end of the chapter. I know it's wrong and I know I should make myself do the right things and focus on God and my life with Him, but it's becoming a challenge. I do love God, even though it might not sound like it, but I don't know, I just am not at the same place I used to be spiritually.
I know most of you will tell me to talk to my FOC, but it's almost a struggle to get him to sit down with me everytime I want to confess because he's so busy. When I do bring up the subject, I get the same response, that I should try harder.
I need advice?!?

ezkrony fe salwatko

Comments

• I actually had the same exact situation and I do believe that most likely it is the place where you pray because I got out of this state when I want to the monastery. There you are forced to pray, but there you also want to pray because because the atmosphere makes you want to pray and read the Bible. So I do suggest that you push yourself, maybe if you can not go to a monastery, maybe go pray in the church, if not that than get in contact with a friend that is willing and have a prayer schedule together that will force you to pray. I know being forced to pray sounds awful but actually its only like the first day that you pray you will want to stop than the days after you will run to pray. The friend doesnt have to pray with you in the same place, you could pray at your house and your friend at theirs, just push each other to pray. If you could both meet somewhere now that would be perfect, just dont get distracted.
  • From experience:
    I can tell you that the only time i truly felt "somewhat spiritual" was after months of praying everyday like Anba Bishoy said, according to a set schedule.  Unfortunately when the schedule was broken, it remained so; and let me be the first to tell you, it was really hard to go back to how it originally was (at least for me).  Unfortunately I've been in this spiritual drought for the past 3 years.  So i ask all of you to pray for me, and be well aware of breaking your praying habits.
  • I also have spiritual drought in fatari periods.  What helps me is to watch SAINT MOVIES. I see how spiritual and close to God they are and i say to myself,"Get up you need to start praying and stop avoiding God." It works everytime.

PRAY FOR ME AS I WILL PRAY FOR YOU