From a homily by St John Chrysostom

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
It's a part where he lets Christ speak to the believer:

"I am a father for you, and a brother, a bridegroom, and a home, a nurse and a dress, a root and a cornerstone. Whatever you want I am for you. I don’t want you to be in any need. I will serve you, because I came not to be served but to serve. I am a friend, and a member, and a head, and a brother and a sister, and a mother. I am everything for you. Only be in contact with me. I have been poor for you and a wanderer for you, I have been on the cross and in the tomb for you. High above with the Father I mediate for you. Down here I arrived as an ambassador sent by the Father to you. You are everything to me, a brother and a co-heir, a friend, and a member of my body. What more do you desire?"

Comments

• What a beautiful homily  :D. It makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Mark 10:29,30. 
    “I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.”
    What does it mean by a hundred times now? ???
    In Christ
    Theophilus
  • truely he deserves the title "golden mouth". that was beautiful.