to embarresed to confess the same sin to my foc

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
what to do help please?

Comments

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=8134.msg104276#msg104276 date=1245887743]
    what to do help please?

There is nothing to be done. You must confess for that sin to be forgiven. You learn ways to avoid it or to do less of it.
  • its simple, everyone has a sin that seems to just follow them, but what most people forget is that a person must truly REPENT before he confesses

odds are (speaking on behalf of myself) one doesnt really repent, but merely confesses his sin, and so he ends up leaving the door to this sin open allowing it access once more, even though he "kicked it out"

ask your priest what you should do, for this sin in specific since it keeps coming around.

God Bless
  • talk to your father of confession... tell him you're no comfortable to talk to him about that sin or you're embarrassed to talk to him about it... and see what he has to say!

akhadna el barka... neshkor Allah!
  • The next time you find yourself doing the sin, remind yourself of how embarrassed you'll be the next time you meet your FOC.  Write yourself a note.
  • [quote author=Archdeacon link=topic=8134.msg104294#msg104294 date=1245960282]
    The next time you find yourself doing the sin, remind yourself of how embarrassed you'll be the next time you meet your FOC.  Write yourself a note.

Actually, from what I've heard from our priests, the above response is actually quite real: we are meant to feel embarassed for our sins when we confess.

Its meant to act as a deterrent. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Do you intentionally sin on purpose? or what happens?

I think u should still confess it and feel embarassed about it.
  • yes, that could be a deterrent in the beginning, but the real reason that you shouldn't sin is because of your love for God and your embarrassment in front of God.

My sunday school teacher once told me, "If you're embarassed to confess certain sins to your FOC, how much more should you have been embarassed to do it in front of GOD"
  • It's normal for you to be embarassed about your sins... in reality, you should be more worried if you don't feel embarassed. This may well act as a reminder for you not to repeat this sin again.

When I find it difficult to tell my FOC certain sins, I think of it this way. I am not really confessing my sins to the human being sitting with me, but to God Himself.. and He already knows.. so it won't really be much of a surprise to Him. Your FOC is given a gift, he is able to forget your sins, and look like God looks at you.. don't worry about His reaction.

PP4M
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=8134.msg104352#msg104352 date=1246383763]
    yes, that could be a deterrent in the beginning, but the real reason that you shouldn't sin is because of your love for God and your embarrassment in front of God.

Yes. very true.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=8134.msg104353#msg104353 date=1246383835]
    It's normal for you to be embarassed about your sins... in reality, you should be more worried if you don't feel embarassed. This may well act as a reminder for you not to repeat this sin again.

When I find it difficult to tell my FOC certain sins, I think of it this way. I am not really confessing my sins to the human being sitting with me, but to God Himself.. and He already knows.. so it won't really be much of a surprise to Him. Your FOC is given a gift, he is able to forget your sins, and look like God looks at you.. don't worry about His reaction.

PP4M

You know Hizz, i get the impression that we were meant to confess before a priest simply because we did the sin before God and didnt feel embarassed about it, so to tell it to a priest would help bring the reality of our acts in the open.

Its just an impression.

Also.. I just wanted to say that we do confess to a priest, although we have sinned against God. That's important as protestants don't confess to priests and don't believe in confession. They only repent to God. that's it.

• Can I just clarify something. . .

In your opinion, is adultery the only embarrassing sin to confess? Or did you guys have something else in mind?
  • Dear bigeee,
    What is more important is to stop and repent. Confessing is the last thing to worry about. I'd worry more if I was still committing the sin.

• Actually this is very good that you feel this way. You are so embarressed about your sin you can't confess. The good thing about this is that you know you are guilty, and when you confess it, you will not want to do it because you don't want to go to abouna and tell him.

About the part where you are "so embarressed you can't confess" this at first is very hard. But always have to think, Abouna is human just like me, he sins, just like me.

If you tell him your embarrassing sin, he will not excumminicate you or look at you badly. As a matter of fact, abouna never does it because it is a sin to him if he looks at you as a bad person, or goes tells othere people.

Just remember,  WHATEVER HAPPENS IN CONFESSION STAYS IN CONFESSION

Rabbina Ma3k
  • When you guys say, "embarrassing sins," you guys are talking about adultery, right?? I cannot think of another embarrassing sin at the moment...
  • well alot of sins are embarrassing
    personally i'd me more embarrassed to tell a priest i stole
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=8134.msg104848#msg104848 date=1248292007]
    well alot of sins are embarrassing
    personally i'd me more embarrassed to tell a priest i stole

are you saying you would be less embarrassed to say you committed adultery to stealing??
  • for me, yes.
    stealing is purely an action of mind, one doesn't accidentally steal, they do it after considering it.  They're usually not as tempted to steal as they would be to commit adultery.  Adultery itself can be as a result of personal weakness, which i tend to fall into without thinking too much about it.  In other words, your exposed more to adulterous sins, than you are to sins associated with theft.  but when it boils down to it, no sin is greater than the other, except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=8134.msg104352#msg104352 date=1246383763]
    yes, that could be a deterrent in the beginning, but the real reason that you shouldn't sin is because of your love for God and your embarrassment in front of God.

My sunday school teacher once told me, "If you're embarassed to confess certain sins to your FOC, how much more should you have been embarassed to do it in front of GOD"

Well unless your a Saint or have a very intimate relationship with God, will you be able to comprehend the truth of confessing to God.

Also, there is no confession to God - it must be beofre a person of ecclesiatic rank. Unless you mean judgement day.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • when i first confessed i was very scared
    i thought that abouna would hate me because of my sins
    when i got the courage to confess he didn't laugh or get mad
    you should just go to your foc and confess your sins
    trust me abounas are very nice and once you confess your sins they are forgiven and forgotten

MaRy:)
  • Ya abounas are compassionate, they understand we're all humans and have weaknesses.
    I always thought my FOC would get bored of hearing me say the same sin every month, but he was always gentle and gave me spiritual excercises to help me overcome it.
    Plus, they hear millions of confessions (not to mention people's problems) everyday, so they won't remember even if they wanted to!
    So don't worry, your salvation is more important than anything  =)
  • your heart  must truly repent before you confess,or else you will just fall back into your sin right after confession. Plus, abounas are used to and can expect repeated sin.

For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity.
    Proverbs 24:16

Pray for me, good luck and god bless!