St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi)

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hay, i was skimming through my synixar today and i found St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi)

I know he writes biographies of martyrs (St. Abanoub!!! :D)

but who wrote his biography??!

and does anyone have any more info on him? (other than what is mentioned in the synixar, since it wasnt too detailed)

Comments

• I can't find any more information, but I found a Coptic icon of St. Julius: http://iac.cgu.edu/King.jpg

• The Christ Arose Himself from the dead...

"On this day, St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi), the writer of the biography of martyrs, was martyred... The Lord kept him to care for the martyrs. He used three hundred young men for this purpose. They wrote the biography of the holy martyrs and sent it to their hometown. But he used to minister to the holy martyrs by himself and dress their wounds... The Saint then went to the city of Towa along with the governor of Samanoud and the governor of Athribis, and they met Iskandros its governor. First he refrained from torturing them, but later on he ordered his men to cut off their heads. Julius and his two sons, Tadros and Yunias; his slaves; and the governors of Samanoud and Athribis and many people were martyred. They numbered 1500. They took his body with the bodies of his sons to Alexandria for it was their hometown. "

he clearly had three hundred plus people writing for him... so I'm sure at least a few survived to tell about his story!

it's kind of funny, because I was in the process of writing his icon... but I then left it and didn't finish it... so this post made me realize his message to me... so thank you very much!!!!

Truly The Christ overcame death by His death!

akhad el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=7878.msg102279#msg102279 date=1240721939]
    The Christ Arose Himself from the dead...

"On this day, St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi), the writer of the biography of martyrs, was martyred... The Lord kept him to care for the martyrs. He used three hundred young men for this purpose. They wrote the biography of the holy martyrs and sent it to their hometown. But he used to minister to the holy martyrs by himself and dress their wounds... The Saint then went to the city of Towa along with the governor of Samanoud and the governor of Athribis, and they met Iskandros its governor. First he refrained from torturing them, but later on he ordered his men to cut off their heads. Julius and his two sons, Tadros and Yunias; his slaves; and the governors of Samanoud and Athribis and many people were martyred. They numbered 1500. They took his body with the bodies of his sons to Alexandria for it was their hometown. "

he clearly had three hundred plus people writing for him... so I'm sure at least a few survived to tell about his story!

it's kind of funny, because I was in the process of writing his icon... but I then left it and didn't finish it... so this post made me realize his message to me... so thank you very much!!!!

Truly The Christ overcame death by His death!

akhad el baraka... neshkor Allah!

Thanks allot

and good luck with your icon :D
  • there is a movie that came out about St Julius of Aqfahs

It is an amazing movie I think that it just came out this year

The quality is amazing it is as any other nonchristian movies

You have got to watch it
  • Do you have a link to order it?

or

watch it online?