O Seeker in coptic

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone have the lyrics for O seeker in coptic? Here is the mp3 for it.

ابانوب

Comments

• [coptic]Apanoup pamenrit>
    ]na[ont `nwck - ]nyi `noucyou [/coptic]
    I will try later - give me time
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • [coptic]Piana,writyc enau eI=y=c
    `mperfirwous qa piibi ie ouhko
    tek`qre `m`pwik `m`pwnq
    `f`tcok `m`mwou `n]moumi

Piana,writyc ,a vyetcini
    mosi `mpimwit qen outagro
    eneh qen pimwit `nemkauh
    ari`vmeu`i etafmou qen pekmei

`pcalpiggoc qwnt e]`cmy
    qen ourasi nem ou;elyl
    ounis] `mfosin hi ][ypi
    pirefrwic `fna[i `n`,lom

`fna`i cwb] nak `nouma
    af[leulom (?) icje `noucyou
    pefhyt `f[isswou erok
    wouniatk afsanjemk ekrwic[/coptic]
  • THANKYOU SO MUCH! You just made communion in our church allot more interesting :D
  • [coptic]Apanoup pamenrit>
    ]sep`hmot `ntotk e;be ak]taio @ nyi eswp `ksanmyini je tetener`,rac;e paihwc qen ]eu,arycti`a (anok de ]tahno erof) ]`sermyi oun `n]`grammatikoc `mvai[/coptic]
    Thank you for giving me compliments; if you mean that you use that song in the Communion (although I object to that) I can then correct the grammar there
    [coptic]hanouon `ncaji eubyl ebol ne[/coptic]
    Some words are loose
  • im sorry i really need to know how you learned to speak coptic so fluently.....i have been trying to learn how to read coptic fast for countless years and months.....i want to be able to speak it or read it fast
  • [coptic]DiakwnMark pamenrit>
    `mmon - ]ernoj `ncyou `nta[ont `n`cqai `noulexic qen ]metrem`n<ymi @ `n;ok oukoun `kws ouoh `kka][/coptic]
    No - I spend a long time trying to write a sentence in Coptic; at least you can read and write
    [coptic]vai ouen,ai e;nanef pe[/coptic]
    That is the good thing
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7712.msg100892#msg100892 date=1236714305]
    [coptic]Apanoup pamenrit>
    ]sep`hmot `ntotk e;be ak]taio @ nyi eswp `ksanmyini je tetener`,rac;e paihwc qen ]eu,arycti`a (anok de ]tahno erof) ]`sermyi oun `n]`grammatikoc `mvai[/coptic]
    Thank you for giving me compliments; if you mean that you use that song in the Communion (although I object to that) I can then correct the grammar there
    [coptic]hanouon `ncaji eubyl ebol ne[/coptic]
    Some words are loose

Why do u object?
  • [coptic]Abanoub pamenrit>
    ]meu`i je ]paradococ e;ouoj te `ntener'alin `nnihumnoc `nrem`n<ymi kata ]kocmocyc `mmon `nnikehwc - ]tahno enihwdy oun[/coptic]
    I think that the correct rites is to sing the Coptic hymns according to the arrangement and not other songs - I also object to melodies
  • [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=7712.msg100896#msg100896 date=1236723447]
    i have been trying to learn how to read coptic fast for countless years and months.....i want to be able to speak it or read it fast

Do yourself a favour and buy this book:

http://www.learncoptic.com/

I started reading it in December last year, I honestly knew about 10 words in Coptic and that was it, I could never have even translated a whole sentence. But now, 4 months later I hardly need to read the english text for the liturgy anymore, I can read the Coptic one by itself and know exactly what it means. And I'm only halfway through the book!!!
    This book is INCREDIBLE. It makes learning Coptic so easy and after the first two chapters you will be able to put together simple sentences. The best thing about it is, it doesn't just teach you how to read coptic, it gives you the tools to keep learning more and more. If you are seriously interested in learning Coptic, I recommend this book very very strongly.

Paigom ete nofri emasho!
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7712.msg100923#msg100923 date=1236807894]
    [coptic]Abanoub pamenrit>
    ]meu`i je ]paradococ e;ouoj te `ntener'alin `nnihumnoc `nrem`n<ymi kata ]kocmocyc `mmon `nnikehwc - ]tahno enihwdy oun[/coptic]
    I think that the correct rites is to sing the Coptic hymns according to the arrangement and not other songs - I also object to melodies

I hope you arent talking about madeehas? Because obviously those are what ARE supposed to be said during communion for the season. not just hymns like pioik(which is in fact a madeeha itself, just in coptic)
  • Thanks John, I totally agree!
  • [coptic]`mmon Jon nem ]soury>
    qen oume;meyi naiswc auaiaitou qen picyou `nte pier `nnihwc `n]metrem`n<ymi `naraboc[/coptic]
    In fact those melodies were added in the era of making the Coptic hymns arabicised
    [coptic]nai ne hanvasi an ne `nte nihymnoc `nceer'alin[/coptic]
    They were not part of the hymns to be sung
    [coptic](Piwik) ouhwc an pe> alla ouhymnoc - oudoxologia `nte ]eu,aryctia - niek`klycia `napac nauswpi hanmys euqent enoueryou ouoh `mmon ouon `noujiner`,ria e;be pijinhwc `nnikehymnoc (`nhouo de eswp ausanhwc erwou qen piy,oc `nnis][/coptic]
    "[coptic]Piwik[/coptic]" is not a melody; it is a hymn - a doxology for Communion - the churches of old were so many and close to each other and there was no need for singing other hymns (especially when they are sung in the longer tune)
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7712.msg100958#msg100958 date=1236971988]
    [coptic]`mmon Jon nem ]soury>
    qen oume;meyi naiswc auaiaitou qen picyou `nte pier `nnihwc `n]metrem`n<ymi `naraboc[/coptic]
    In fact those melodies were added in the era of making the Coptic hymns arabicised
    [coptic]nai ne hanvasi an ne `nte nihymnoc `nceer'alin[/coptic]
    They were not part of the hymns to be sung
    [coptic](Piwik) ouhwc an pe> alla ouhymnoc - oudoxologia `nte ]eu,aryctia - niek`klycia `napac nauswpi hanmys euqent enoueryou ouoh `mmon ouon `noujiner`,ria e;be pijinhwc `nnikehymnoc (`nhouo de eswp ausanhwc erwou qen piy,oc `nnis][/coptic]
    "[coptic]Piwik[/coptic]" is not a melody; it is a hymn - a doxology for Communion - the churches of old were so many and close to each other and there was no need for singing other hymns (especially when they are sung in the longer tune)

I don't see what your objection is? If the Holy Synod approves of this going on then whats the issue? Especially in bigger churches where pioik won't cut it they will run out of things to say without madayah
  • Personally, I would prefer to sing coptic hymns during the Holy Communion, such as Pioik because I partly agree with ophadece about our heritage and origins. "Madeehas" and taraneem are ok to sing, and are useful for the members of the congregation who are not fluent in coptic, but again, it would be better in the long run to stick with the coptic.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=7712.msg100975#msg100975 date=1237054329]
    Personally, I would prefer to sing coptic hymns during the Holy Communion, such as Pioik because I partly agree with ophadece about our heritage and origins. "Madeehas" and taraneem are ok to sing, and are useful for the members of the congregation who are not fluent in coptic, but again, it would be better in the long run to stick with the coptic.

pray for me

joe

Guys, i'm not saying replace them with made7at, i'm saying that its ok to say them after we've said everything else thats appropriate to the season, if time allows and if there is nothing else to say.
  • quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7712.msg100979#msg100979 date=1237057207]
    Guys, i'm not saying replace them with made7at, i'm saying that its ok to say them after we've said everything else thats appropriate to the season, if time allows and if there is nothing else to say.

I agree with you on that score.  :)

pray for me

joe