I can't get over what I did.

edited June 2008 in Personal Issues
I am in my 20's and I did something immature and mean.

I was in the park to pray a bit. I was disturbed about a problem. Since the park is not just for me there was some other people. A white girl and an asian boy came from a very far distance and standed near me. Not too near me .. say  7 metres away from me. And they were kissing one another. I got annoyed because I predicted that they would come from the end of the field to where I was and they did. (I must say I felt they did it on purpose but I really think now they didn't even know I was there) I walked up to them not wanting them to run away and yelled at them saying "get out"
the way I said it was loud and mean. I regret what I said now greatly and am afraid they will not forgive themselves one day when they remember what they were doing. I am afraid they will become worse people because of me because of being hurt by someone whom they might guess is a christian. Though I was crazy. Who else but a weird christian would care about what they were doing. They said nothing after I yelled at them. I unfortunately looked more at the white girl when I was yelling. But I should not have looked at the asian person either. Now I am afraid that that white girl will become suicidal one day. I want to see them again at the park to apologise and walked once to the park hoping God would put them there but God doesn't work like that. I want to enter every house to find them and apologise. But I can't do that either.. I don't think I will find them. I want to go to the police station and tell them to video camera me so I can go on the news and apologise but the police will not do this. They might mock at me. Also is it worth that kind of embarassment?  I am afraid one of them will go to hell because of what I did. Yes it causes me that much grief.

I did this in a time when things like this do not happen often I think though someone said it does. I pray that God would reach them and comfort them but I am afraid God will not answer my prayer. Yes this is all just over kissing. They might hate themselves for kissing a different nationality and they wanted it to be secret going to the park. I never considered that enough when I yelled at them.

My question is do you think they will be fine after such an incident?

Comments

• Khirstos Anesti,
    My dear firend, NeedWisdom u need to relax. Firstly, it is good that you acknowledged that you have been mistaken.  I understand your plight, i live in melbourne and this happens very often but i just ignore it and look in another direction. I really don't think  that they will contemplate on the idea of suicide, at leasst not to that extent. God taught you a lesson, not to be mean. Thank him, dont despair. The way that you are thinking is of despair and no hope. God knows your heart, will judge accordingly. if you told them to go away so that you can continue your prayers, but in an unapporiate manner, God will forgive you as long as you repentas you didnt mena to hurt theor feelings. Dont despair, be hopeful. God is a Merciful, Loving, compassionate and a fair judge. You should ask God to forgive you, and make you a better person so that you can withstand tribulations. God bless and help you.

Pray for my weakness,

Coptic youth
  • Thankyou

However I did not tell them to go away so I can continue praying. I said "get out" as in get out of the park.. because I was offended by their kissing. I thought they were doing it to annoy me. If they think about suicide at all I am afraid.

• [quote author=NeedWisdom link=topic=6711.msg89748#msg89748 date=1212903093]
    I am in my 20's and I did something immature and mean.

I was in the park to pray a bit. I was disturbed about a problem. Since the park is not just for me there was some other people. A white girl and an asian boy came from a very far distance and standed near me. Not too near me .. say  7 metres away from me. And they were kissing one another. I got annoyed because I predicted that they would come from the end of the field to where I was and they did. (I must say I felt they did it on purpose but I really think now they didn't even know I was there) I walked up to them not wanting them to run away and yelled at them saying "get out"
    the way I said it was loud and mean. I regret what I said now greatly and am afraid they will not forgive themselves one day when they remember what they were doing. I am afraid they will become worse people because of me because of being hurt by someone whom they might guess is a christian. Though I was crazy. Who else but a weird christian would care about what they were doing. They said nothing after I yelled at them. I unfortunately looked more at the white girl when I was yelling. But I should not have looked at the asian person either. Now I am afraid that that white girl will become suicidal one day. I want to see them again at the park to apologise and walked once to the park hoping God would put them there but God doesn't work like that. I want to enter every house to find them and apologise. But I can't do that either.. I don't think I will find them. I want to go to the police station and tell them to video camera me so I can go on the news and apologise but the police will not do this. They might mock at me. Also is it worth that kind of embarassment?  I am afraid one of them will go to hell because of what I did. Yes it causes me that much grief.

I did this in a time when things like this do not happen often I think though someone said it does. I pray that God would reach them and comfort them but I am afraid God will not answer my prayer. Yes this is all just over kissing. They might hate themselves for kissing a different nationality and they wanted it to be secret going to the park. I never considered that enough when I yelled at them.

Let's say they were married? Would u have done that also?
  • Relastically speaking, i dont think they will commit sucide because of u. Cheer up. Look on the bright side. God taught you a valuable lesson, concentrate there, not on the past. You can change the past, but improve the future.

Pray for my weaknes,

Coptic Youth
  • [quote author=NeedWisdom link=topic=6711.msg89753#msg89753 date=1212906828]
    No

How do you know they weren't married?
  • You didn't do anything that bad.. did you??  u just told themt o go away right??        if it is, then there is no big deal, and since it is bothering you , talk to Abouna....           

and by the way, that feeling might come from the devil....  he will make you feel bad from inside, even thou it was no big deal (happened to me before)...  but i dunno.. in this situation, it might not be the devilll....  just talk to Abouna.
  • Come on, lighten up=) people don't care.  LOL I doubt they willl even remmeber.  You did nothing wrong>>If anyones doing somethin wrong, its me.  i should be studying rite now instead...........

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=6711.msg90485#msg90485 date=1213288487]
    Come on, lighten up=) people don't care.  LOL I doubt they willl even remmeber.  You did nothing wrong>>If anyones doing somethin wrong, its me.  i should be studying rite now instead...........

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ

for the very first time i have to agree with el bent mahraeel :P
    I mean if someone yelled at me at the park (I would never kiss my fience in public) bas if i got yelled at by someone for somen i dont know what.  It realy wouldn't bother me I'd be like what a loser and walk away! :P

cheer up, it is not that serious!

But i do hate it when ppl come men akher el donya to come and stand beside you!!!  >:( makes me maaaaaaad!!!
    that had happened to me in a waiting line in a supermarket ppl would come men akher el donya where they are not that short of a line and come get all close behind me!! and they'd STINK!! and i couldn't stand the smile makes me soooooooooooooooo mad!!!  >:( i'd feel like telling them to go take a shower or stop smoking!!!  >:(
  • The Christ arose Himself!

needwisdom, indeed you need wisdom let us discuss your situation here...

I was in the park to pray a bit. I was disturbed about a problem. Since the park is not just for me there was some other people.

I'm pleased that you actually acknowledge that... and you know that you are a guest as everyone is... thus you are not the master of the house to tell anyone what to do!

A white girl and an asian boy came from a very far distance and standed near me. Not too near me .. say  7 metres away from me. And they were kissing one another. I got annoyed because I predicted that they would come from the end of the field to where I was and they did. (I must say I felt they did it on purpose but I really think now they didn't even know I was there)

thats called being paranoid... and as I said you're a guest to the park... not the owner to tell anyone what or what not to do...

I walked up to them not wanting them to run away and yelled at them saying "get out"
    the way I said it was loud and mean. I regret what I said now greatly and am afraid they will not forgive themselves one day when they remember what they were doing.

what you thought was wise... but not done wisely... for this problem of two kissing can easily be solved (in my opinion) by you giving them a look of displeasure... or even approaching and having a conversation... lou 3andhom dam they might stop if not more than likely they will for that time you converse or give them the look or they might even leave!

I am afraid they will become worse people because of me because of being hurt by someone whom they might guess is a christian.

who are you to say that they were not good enough to start off with... why would you say they would become worse... who are you to say who is worse and who is not worse... to tell you the truth i was not going to reply to this until I saw the word "worse"... do you know how dangerous that is to blasphemy... for you are taking the place of God to say someone is bad... or saying might become "worse" who are you?!

Though I was crazy. Who else but a weird christian would care about what they were doing. They said nothing after I yelled at them. I unfortunately looked more at the white girl when I was yelling. But I should not have looked at the asian person either. Now I am afraid that that white girl will become suicidal one day. I want to see them again at the park to apologise and walked once to the park hoping God would put them there but God doesn't work like that. I want to enter every house to find them and apologise. But I can't do that either.. I don't think I will find them. I want to go to the police station and tell them to video camera me so I can go on the news and apologise but the police will not do this. They might mock at me. Also is it worth that kind of embarassment?  I am afraid one of them will go to hell because of what I did. Yes it causes me that much grief.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” are the words Christ Himself... the Almighty... the Judge...  you saw a wrong doing... you did the right judgment... you carried it out in a wrong manner... you could've approached them in a better matter, but thats it... your job as a Christian is to advice... and thats where you stop... you don't force people to do anything! and its not your concern of what will happen to them

see thats where you go wrong... why should you judge the situation on their side... you gave the advice in a wrong manner... if it bothers you so much pray about it... God does not need your prayers to care for his children... he loves them and cares for their salvation more than you will ever want... but it always helps to pray for them... and for yourself to be wiser... and act rightly next time... (btw way I myself pray for wisdom non stop... but ya3ny apparently God is postponing the answer to that prayer... lol, but I'm by no mean saying that I'm wiser than you or anyone else is... I'm just saying the situation could've been handled in a wiser manner)

don't lament on what might happen to them... lament on what you have done... judge yourself... you have sinned as they have sinned... as i have sinned! what would you have done if they were having sex?! would you have killed them?! would you have beaten them?! be wise as Jesus was... here is the situation with Christ himself!

Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”... Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.  Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

now she was caught in the very act... but Christ showed her love... through love all can be done... believe me! if you were nicer to these people, you could've made a difference! bas the past is past... now look unto the future... be wiser in your choices and actions... don't hasten to act! and just keep on praying!

Indeed He arose Himself!