Forex

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey, everyone.. I know gambling is against the church and is a sin. IS trading currencies also a sin... or if you havent heard of that, than "stock trading". Some say its kind of like gambling. What does the church think about it?

Comments

• [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=6603.msg87843#msg87843 date=1210916189]
    hey, everyone.. I know gambling is against the church and is a sin. IS trading currencies also a sin... or if you havent heard of that, than "stock trading". Some say its kind of like gambling. What does the church think about it?

No. Its not. Its as much of a sin as me buying a canvas, painting on it and selling it at a higher price than i bought it. Or even buying a watch, and then selling it at a higher price than i purchased it myself. Its trading. The only issue is that, generally speaking, the higher the profit margin in any business, the greater the risk associated with the business. So, in as much as u can make money faster, u can therefore lose it just as fast, but the [i]way of making it is trading (buying and selling).

The greater the risk, the greater the tension. This in turn could lead to stress and worry. Worrying is wrong, and being stressed out over such a loss or gain is wrong. (In my opinion). Its wrong because you've put money, way above the value of your life.

If you are honest, and trade and make a lot of money - without letting any loss or gain effect you, than great. If such trading makes u depressed then this is wrong (in my opinion).

The business itself is not immoral (in my view), (obviously so long as u act with integrity), but this is the same wtih any busines. One has to not put money before the value of one's life. Getting depressed over winning or losing is wrong and results in a state of sin even.
  • Ic, thanks alot QT_PA-2T. I guess its okay for me to use it than seeing as how i only want to do it as like a part time thing and only put a few dollars in the market. Definetly wouldnt make that my career tho. Anyone else have any opinions?