Can you guess the hymn?

Comments

• It's ok Loca4Christ. I we all have our moments like that. And I think I have the most moments like that out of everyone on this site.  :-\

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Anyone who clicked this latest discussion and just went to the last post to see what is says should go back to page 6 because there are still two hymns unanswered.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • 3) Marriage Gospel Response

1) hmmmm.... there are many hymns with [coptic]I=y=c P=,=c `pSyri `mV]@ af[i`wmc qen piIordanyc[/coptic] so I am going to say Gospel Response for Epiphany
  • If it isn't the Gospel Response for Epiphany, then it's the Psalm Response for Epiphany.
  • Yep, It's the gospel response.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Number 1 is correct too, right?
  • Yeah  ;D

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Another one:

1)[coptic]Vy`etaf`cmou `mpicyou@ ]nou on `cmou.[/coptic] (my absolute favorite part..)
    2)[coptic]agion@ paineh vai oube `nanti`a `nni=p=n=a `n`ak;arton hiten I=y=c P=,=c `pouro `nte `p`wou[/coptic]
    3)[coptic]@ `w `P=o=c ek`enahmen `w `P=o=c ek`ecouten nenmwit[/coptic]
    4)[coptic]Loipon aumoh `nje nec`ehoou@ acmici de `mpencwtyr@ I=y=c P=,=c `pouro `nte `p`wou[/coptic] (tough one here)

joe
  • 1. Liturgy of St. Gregory(Right before the Fraction)
    2. Part of the Ceremony for Anointing at a wedding(cheated)
    3. [coptic]Al Vai Pe Piehoou[/coptic]
    4. Psali Watos for the 29th of the Coptic Months(cheated here too lool)
  • lol well done, but stop cheating lol  ;D
  • i dont like this anymore......first who ever puts the question, cheats. by getteing the text from the hymn library here. then who ever gives an answer, they dot he same thing.....mostly atleast.
  • Another set...

1)[coptic]`Aggelon etek`i@ tecin tecin`a[/coptic] (easy)
    2)[coptic]Mare nicaq viri `ebol[/coptic] (easy)
    3)[coptic]=;=u. Nem `ebolqen rwc `n]ou`i `mmauatc =e=;=u [/coptic] (if u get this u get a medal)
    4)[coptic]eu`eswpi euconh qen nivyou`i ouoh ny`etetennabolou [/coptic]

joe
  • well whats wrong with using the hymn libray to set questions mina? Answering with it is cheating though...
  • 1. Zifte Pantes
    2. Apinav Shopi
    3. I know this one is an absolution, not sure which one. My priest says the absolutions in coptic so that sounds familiar. I think it's the one after matins or the absolution of the servants.
    4. Niroumi- that was pretty easy

I probably got all these wrong since I guessed on every one lol  ;D
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6491.msg86853#msg86853 date=1210092497]
    i dont like this anymore......first who ever puts the question, cheats. by getteing the text from the hymn library here. then who ever gives an answer, they dot he same thing.....mostly atleast.

Then we should make a rule not to pick random parts to hymns that nobody will get, cause if you are just pulling from random areas then how are we supposed to guess them without having the entire hymn memorized?
  • lol good call totally correct, I didn't know some priests absolved the people in Coptic, this particular one is the Absolution of Servants ...  :D medal awarded

joe
  • lol not a bad call jydeacon - but if you know a hymn well, you should know the lyrics too...

pray for me

joe
  • I should get elevated to whatever is after a full member :P lol
  • senior lol ;D
  • ya, well I should be a super senior ;D
  • Undoubtedly  :P  ;D lol
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6491.msg86862#msg86862 date=1210095926]
    ya, well I should be a super senior ;D

lol....those numbers a title are for number of posts.
  • I don't get all my text from the text library here, barley any actually...And for the ones I did, why is it wrong to do that? I agree it is wrong for the person who guesses it by copy/pasting my text somewhere else to see if they can find the hymn but otherwise what is wrong with that?

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=6491.msg86872#msg86872 date=1210107071]
    I don't get all my text from the text library here, barley any actually...And for the ones I did, why is it wrong to do that? I agree it is wrong for the person who guesses it by copy/pasting my text somewhere else to see if they can find the hymn but otherwise what is wrong with that?

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew

well first lets not take this toooo serious :D...have fun people.
    2nd, when u put like a some words that are soo weird, not much used, the person just trys to go tot he library, which have MANY texts, and finds it.
  • Oh, I see, The reason why I post words that are different is because those words are only found in that hymn and maybe a few others. If I use common words they can be sung  in many hymns and I don't want people to be guessing many different hymns since I'm only thinking of one so...Solution? :P

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Well thats why we have to pick major parts for hymns(even though that makes it a little easier) because it makes it near impossible to know a hymn by the most random parts to it. because for sure not all deacons memorize entire hymns if they are only said a couple times a year. If something like Taishori then anypart you choose will be known since we say it all the time, but if its something like a random verse from Teoi Enhikanos from the midnight praise then thats much more difficult especially since its done in arabic english coptic or even french.
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6491.msg85803#msg85803 date=1208223762]
    [coptic]koptik faro[/coptic]

i know that is wrong... but how do u actually say it(and spell it) in coptic?

Hello sorry im gettin out of the subject but sice the Feast of the Entry of the lord in Egypt is commin up on a Sunday does anyone if there is a recorded of the Great Hymn of Tigalielia
  • It's been a while, But
    NEXT ROUND:

1.    [coptic]Cehwc `erof qen ounehci@ auje vai pe Emmanouyl@ `wcanna qen nyet[oci@ vai pe `pouro `mpIcrayl.
    Marenjoc nem Dauid pihumnodoc@ je `f`cmarwout `nje vye;nyou@ qen `vran `mP=o=c piaga;oc@ icjen ]nou sa `tqa`e `nnicyou.[/coptic]

2.    [coptic]...ansan;wou]@ `e]`proceu,y@ maren`cmou `epiran@ `nte Pa=o==c I=y=c
    Je tenna`cmou `erok@ `w Pa=o==c I=y=c@ nahmen qen Pekran@ je anerhelpic `erok
    E;renhwc `erok@ nem Pekiwt `n`aga;oc@ nem Pi`pneuma e;ouab@ je (ak`i) akcw] `mmon.[/coptic]

3.    [coptic]Cmou `eP=o=c `ebolqen nivyou`i =a=l@ `cmou `erof qen nyet[oci.[/coptic]

4.    اليوم قد كملت النبوات،
    وقد تمت أقوال الآباء الأولين،
    بقيامة الرب من بين الأموات،
    وهو بدء المضطجعين.
    -OR-
    Wabe-tahegoo ma'na al-yowma fareheen, be-keyamat el-Sayed el-Maseeh.

5.[coptic]vy`etaf`i ejen ni`apoctoloc qen `psai `n]pentykocty@ aucaji qen hanmys `nlac[/coptic]

If you need clues or have questions let me know.
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew

• 1. Doxology of Palm sunday? I think this one could be in more than one hymn
    2. Not sure
    3. 4th hoos
    4. Ya Kol a sefoof
    5. Piepnevma