Confession feeling

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey everyone

I was going to confess and then i got this feeling that abouna would think im a horrible person and that he wont like me,
and then i pray and go in and when i come out i feel as if i wasnt forgiven

If you feel this please let me know that im nto alone in these feelings.

Pray for me lots

Comments

• Well, when you confess, do you confess the WHOLE truth?
    And also, do you repent of the sins you confess? If you don't really know, a good test is this: ask yourself, "Do I plan or expect myself to do this sin again?"
    If the answer to that is yes, then that's the problem. I used to do it too, and I didn't even know until my confession father asked me that question. My answer to him was "I don't plan to do most of these sins again". If that's your answer it should change.

Also, in order to avoid embarassment from Abouna, think of it this way. You're not really confessing to Abouna, you're confessing to Jesus.. and He already knows everything anyway. The only thing that will change is that He'll be soo proud of you that you're brave enough to strip yourself of pride and share your imperfectness with another person.

+God Bless.
  • First off, abouna will never judge you(at least he's not supposed to) and as soon as you come out that he forgets it and treats you the same, Secondly i agree with Hizz_Child you feeling that you weren't forgiven could be because you didn't truly repent for your acts and that you just went to confess as a motion and not something you really wanted to do to attain forgiveness. You need to take a deep look and see if you are really repenting for these sins or just as a motion
  • My father of confession said its normal.

He said that David the Prophet felt the same thing after confessing his sins.

But i dont know so..
  • That is a perfect senario, where the devil comes fighting u right when u r going to stop doing that sin, or at least confess...    Just go Confess...  no matter how terrible u feel. Aboun has heard it all... i confessed a lot of stuff. and that nevr changed the way abouna treated me...