Acts response for Lent Weekdays

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Is it the same as the one for the weekends being ari pam ev ee oa pachois?

Also, do we still sing the hymn Apenchois after the acts on weekdays?

Thanks
PK

Comments

• No its share efnouty, which has its own known tune different than the general acts response, and no we don't say apenchois(Mighalo) during the weedays after the Synixar. here is share efnouty http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Great_Lent/Ibrahim_Ayad/Great_Lent_-_Weekday_Liturgy/06.shari_efnoti.88.mp3
  • ok i understand that it's share efnouty but can you clarify on what's instead of apenchois.

Thanks,
    PK
  • nothing is said intsead of apenchois, sorry i wasn't clear, when i said mighalo, mighalo is the long begining to apenchois. you just say the Trisagion after the synixar
  • ok so just the trisagion hymn after the synexarium. But assuming what you were saying about mighalo, it's said before apenchois on the weekends. Right? Not on weekdays?
  • yeah thats correct
  • I went from knowing two lent weekday hymns to none. This isn't good for I have to learn them by tomorrow. I have to learn Kyrie eleison substitute for the verses of the cymbals, aleiluia ea e ee, entho ti shori, now share efnouti, the gospel response, and psalm 150. So far, i've only gotten a little bit of kyrie eleison done. Last year, I was complaining when I had to learn the ascension hymns but compared to them, this is impossible.
  • Lol don't worry about it to much, a e a isn't to bad and entho te tishori and share efnouty can be skipped and you can just jump into psalm 150 without the long intro. Since i'm the only deacon generally on fridays i just skip them, and go to tenousht and ekesmarout and psalm 150, lol i also skip the long je-efesmarout after psalm 150 and go straight to pimairomi its hard to do all taht stuff on your own so just learn it first(like really learn it) and skip for now, your priest(and God) will understand
  • I guess. Maybe I could skip share efnouti and the intro to psalm 150 but obviously kyrie eleison must be said. But I think i still probably need to learn entho ti shori.
  • btw, what's onishti?
  • Its a hymn to be said on the weekends after psalm 150 generally before the medeha
  • ok, good, then I don't need to learn it. At least for now.
  • Well pimairomi is said but its very easy to pick up, i suggest you listen to it from the HICS instead of Ayad, he goes too slow in that recording
  • it's kind of weird for kyrie eleison because gad lewis says it a little differently than ayad. I don't understand why.
  • its basically the school of teaching and who actually taught them, there are generally slight variations between the big cantors on how they say a hymn but in general its all the same
  • Actually Gad Lewis says it more "professionally and traditionally" because Ibrahim Ayad "ydala3ha" a lot. 
  • Well, Zakhary, I wouldn't say that Muallim Ayaad "dellahs" a lot, but I must say that he does a little bit. But his hymns are just as accepted as Muallim Lewis's are.
  • i'm starting to lose my motivation... That just makes everything even worse....
  • why does the entho ti shori lesson 1 by gad lewis sound so weird?
  • Don't lose motivation, you will most definetly not learn these hymns by tomorrow, know that for sure, but you have to think of the long run here, learn them for later not for now, like i told you focus on what you must have for tomorrow like the kyrie eleison and leave teh rest for later, you can't learn all at once
  • heyy good luck nd dont lose ur motivation keep goin God is iwth u

/
    mahraeel
    plz p4m sister in Christ