The start of funerals: Aripamevi or Niethnos Teero

pp
edited March 2008 in Hymns Discussion
For when my great-grandmother died, my Church started her funeral with [coptic]Aripameui[/coptic] in the Attribi Tune, but in a funeral held in Los Angeles, the funeral started with the long [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]. Is the only difference that a bishop was present in Los Angeles but not at my Church? In other words, is that the only reason why Los Angeles started with [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]?

Comments

• [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6357.msg83836#msg83836 date=1205733848]
    For when my great-grandmother died, my Church started her funeral with [coptic]Aripameui[/coptic] in the Attribi Tune, but in a funeral held in Los Angeles, the funeral started with the long [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]. Is the only difference that a bishop was present in Los Angeles but not at my Church? In other words, is that the only reason why Los Angeles started with [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]?
    \
    you only say [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic] for clergy members funerals. Atleast Priest that i am sure of, maybe deacons.
  • Minagir is right. I think that if it's in the days after ressurection before pentecost, we say khristos anesti for clergy or regular people.
  • So even if you are a deacon, they still may say [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]? Like, for a reader's death, would they still say [coptic]Nie;noc tyrou[/coptic]? And is the same applied with [coptic]Marenouwnh[/coptic] at the end of the funeral?
  • well the L.A funeral that i think your talking about it the one of the Archdeacon, and i think that is a rank of clergy so yea...
  • His Servant,
    Would any deacon, then, be a priestly rank?
  • An actual deacon-archdeacon some consider as the first priestly rank but not really, from epsaltos to subdeacon no, even though deacon and archdeacon are still part of the deaconate they are considered clergy
  • Thanks a lot Mina, popekyrollos, His Servant, and John. I learned a lot. ;)