support our belief

2»

Comments

• From what I infer, the Indian girl is a member of the Church of the Brethren.  They, as an organization and Protest-ant Sect, carry out charitable deeds as a mainstay.  In a way one can think of them as "the United States Peace Corps" equivalent.

Lost,

I get what you are saying and agree wholeheartedly, but there are certain things to keep in mind.  One has to be careful about discussing these topics, especially if they are not prepared.  Sometimes the Orthodox person may begin to have doubt.  The Protest-ants are quite entrenched in their beliefs and their ideology. It is often difficult to convince unless you are well and mighty prepared.  This also goes for dealing with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

We should always be the "light of the world" relative to our actions, and sometimes that is enough to convince others to the True Light of Our Lord.  That route is a very simple facet to all for attraction to the Orthodox Faith.

I just find it scary for some of our youth to engage in these conversations and not being knowledgeable.  This may sometimes lead to misrepresentations and malignment of the Orthodox Faith.  Having gone to Catholic School as a child, there were always questions, and I would sometimes enroll my priest or parents to help me with the answers. 

In dealing with the Protest-ant sects, they are hardcore, and it is often difficult to deal with them because they harp on a checklist of Bible verses despite the fact they are taken out of context.  I think PopeKyrillos was annunciating some of the practicalities to be dealt with in this situation.
  • u guys don be worried as im telling her im teaching miself also.  ita also for my benefit.  i think lost has spoken the truth tho lol.  im not getttin doubts at all lol dont u guys wry juss keep posting nd commenting i like them so farr

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • The thing is as ilovesaintmark hinted out that you don't tell them everything at once. You need wisdom to know who you are dealing with and how to deal with them. It is no good going to someone (non-christian) and start telling them about the miracle of maybe moving the Mokattam. We believe it but thay will think we are mad but the reality is that it is true.
    EXAMPLE
    + Just when you talk to a jehova's witness or a mormon, you start by making a few minor points to discuss and 'argue' about.
            YOu don't go up to one and say: Jesus is God. He is not the Arch-angle Michael. Gabriel is not satin. Your prophet guy is a fraud. You are not following the traditional cannon. You are gnostics and arians. You are heretics. You wont go to heaven. THis will be a bad way to start and you wont get far before they tell you to go away you are just some violent orthodox person.
    Overall the vital thing you need to deal with these situations is God and wisdom
    Pray 4 me