TV miracles

edited February 2008 in Faith Issues
hey, wut do you guys think about TV mircales. You know how those preachers have a huge croud and they pick people out of the crowd and heal them? What do you all think about that, is it real or not? I personally dont believe in them. Also, i have a close friend that went to one of these huge things and there were so many people there and he said he saw people get healed.. Is it real or not? Oh and one more thing... my friend was telling me about this boy who was recently RAISED FROM THE DEAD

Comments

• Some of these miracles rely on phsycology. So people may have nothing wrong with them but could have a phsycic problem preventing them for walking etc. By thinking that they will get healed by a miracle, this phsycological problem is easily solved by having hope. It's wiered but not a miracle. I remember watching this guy on TV and he was like pushing every body that touched him and claiming that it was the Holy Spirit who made them fall. I think that the Holy Spirt raises  doesn't make people fall.
  • In general they are hoaxes or psychological stretches.  Even those that are true, are suspect.  Even Satan has the authority to perform "miracles".

Very very few, I suspect, are true miracles.  I could not point to a specific, but it is a non-important issue. 

There are great and awesome miracles before us all the time.  Seeing and partaking in the Holy Mysteries of the Church are such renderings.

• I actually have a friend who went to one of those things... And when she went up and he touched her, she did not fall, so he looked at her and asked her to leave. This shows you that the people fall down on voluntairly as they are pushed down. And again, like mentioned above, it might be a psychological state. It's like the "placebo effect, but instead of the sugar pill, its the preacher.
    For those who may not know what a placebo is, here's a link that explains it:
    http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n09/mente/placebo1_i.htm
    GOD BLESS