Trinity and Right hand of the Father

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone,

I get really confused when someone talks about the Trinity. That being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I really want a sermon by some clergy member of our church that explains what the trinity is and what it means.

The second thing is that I want another sermon by a clergy member that explains what it means when Christ says "sitting at the right hand of the father".

Feel free to post your own definitions and contemplations on these two topics.

PK

Comments

• I found this sermon on the Trinity, haven't listened to it yet so i don't know if its exactly what you are looking for. As for the Right hand of the Father, i heard in a sermon once that its not to be taken as a literal place as if He is really sitting next to the Father but that he has returned to His Glory, Right hand signifying that he returned to where he belonged. I can't remember exactly and if i have mispoken please someone correct me. oh yeah here is the link http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=36&Itemid=26
  • sorry to change the topic but i have a very quick question is the nature of Christ as follows: Christ is ONE Nature Fully human and fully divine? thats correct right?
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6151.msg81653#msg81653 date=1201804367]
    sorry to change the topic but i have a very quick question is the nature of Christ as follows: Christ is ONE Nature Fully human and fully divine? thats correct right?

Yes, our Lord Jesus Christ has ONE united nature of being fully human and fully divine.
  • thank you  :)
  • I've heard many metaphors that help give a better understanding of the Holy Trinity.

There's the sun metaphor

the sun is the Father,
    the light coming from the sun is the Son,
    the heat coming from the sun is the Holy Spirit..

the light (Son) and the heat (Holy Spirit) come directly from (or proceed from) the sun (Father)

I hope that helps...

I sometimes find that stuff to be confusing, and when we have different prayers to the Father or to the Son or to the Holy Spirit... it can sometimes sound like three gods, so think about when we cross ourselves and say "In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit; ONE GOD, Amen." I find that "one God" part to help me a lot...

The Holy Trinity is a mystery which has been manifested to us throughout the Old and New Testament. One example of that can be Jesus' baptism. the Father of the trinity in heaven saying that He is pleased with His son and such, the Holy Spirit descending upon Jesus like a dove, and Jesus standing there in the waters... the trinity :) I always find that to be super cool

Jasmine