Agios...Yourdanou Vaptistees (3)???

pp
edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
In Epiphany, is the Church supposed to say [coptic]`o Iourdanou Baptictyc[/coptic] 3 times, or, is the Church supposed to say [coptic]`o Iourdanou Baptictyc[/coptic] twice after [coptic]`o ekpar;enou genne;yc[/coptic] because many books say to do either one?

Comments

• [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6112.msg81211#msg81211 date=1200852172]
    In Epiphany, is the Church supposed to say [coptic]`o Iourdanou Baptictyc[/coptic] 3 times, or, is the Church supposed to say [coptic]`o Iourdanou Baptictyc[/coptic] twice after [coptic]`o ekpar;enou genne;yc[/coptic] because many books say to do either one?

In Epiphany, according to the khidmit shamas, nahdet el-kanayes-pg62
    and muallem farag book-pg68
    It says to say 3 times, [coptic]`o Iordanou baptictyc[/coptic].

The only book i seen that says to say [coptic]`o ekPar;enou genne;yc[/coptic] first is Albair's book, which shoulnd't be a primary source.

and also, if you think about it, Theopahny is a great feast. we say all 3 the same in Nativity and Resurrection, why not in Epiphany to.
  • i agree with minagir, most books i've seen all say to say it three times. It is a major feast of the Lord and again as minagir said we say the verses three times on Nativity and Resurrection so it should be said three times.
  • In the Cathedral it was said three times as well...
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6112.msg81231#msg81231 date=1200884410]
    In the Cathedral it was said three times as well...

wow.....owuld you have a recording. just for interest cuz i never listen to them on Epiphany.
  • His Servant,
    Is it off of a recording or what you heard?
  • In a recording of Ibrahim Ayad on this website has him sing [coptic]`o ekpar;enou genne;yc[/coptic] first, and then [coptic]`o Iordanou baptictyc[/coptic].
  • no i do not have a recording it was live on aghapy... the reason was i believe as it was stated before it is a major feast of the Lord... it has its own hymns. It's not any less of a feast than Christmas. the only Feast that is held Higher than all the others is Resurection- for obvious reasons.
  • His Servant, Mina, and John,
    Thanks a lot for the clarification about this because it has been on my mind for a while. It just confused me because the Laqan Book says first [coptic]`o ekpar;enou genne;yc[/coptic] then two [coptic]`o Iordanou baptictyc[/coptic]. So, yeah, I finally understand. Thanks a lot!!!