Coptic Epipany vs. Western Epiphany

How did it start that we celebrate epiphany for the baptism of Christ vs. the westerns who celebrate epiphany Jan 6 to commemorate the wise men who came to Christ at his birth? How come we are not even in agreement over what epiphany even is?

Comments

• [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6104.msg81133#msg81133 date=1200693360]
    How did it start that we celebrate epiphany for the baptism of Christ vs. the westerns who celebrate epiphany Jan 6 to commemorate the wise men who came to Christ at his birth? How come we are not even in agreement over what epiphany even is?

i know that the Nativity, or Christmas is more of a 3rd cuntrey feast in the church, but the main one is Epiphany that was celebrated as a commandment of Jesus Himself. this might help....
  • See, i'm just wondering like why the westerns don't celebrate epiphany for the reason we do. THey celebrate it because of the wise men who came to CHrist. We celebrate it as the baptism of christ in the Jordan.

PK
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6104.msg81521#msg81521 date=1201537671]
    See, i'm just wondering like why the westerns don't celebrate epiphany for the reason we do. THey celebrate it because of the wise men who came to CHrist. We celebrate it as the baptism of christ in the Jordan.

PK

i really don't know...i wish someone can answer, i'd like to know. cuz it's really confusing even thoo the Magi's visit to Christ have it's own manner in our church.