Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
An Apology
[coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]
In light of my recent remarks, I felt compelled to do this.
Last night, a dear friend and I were reading in 1 Corinthians. After reading chapter 10 together, we discussed what our favourite verses were. They brought to my attention verse 24. For the benefit of you all, here is the verse:
Do not seek your own advantage, but that of the other. (1 Corinthians 10:24).
Now, after discussing this verse with them, being the stubborn individual that I am, I just let it slide. However, as I have come to realize, when God wishes to give you a message, He will do so by all means necessary. After praying last night, I sat down to read in the Sayings of the Desert Fathers. The title of the chapter was 'Self-Control' (go figure). One quote by Macarius jumped out at me, and I wanted to share it with you all:
To those of you who may have doubts about whether or not God talks to you, I hope you learn from my experience that He most certainly does. It is we who do not listen to Him.
To all: I have sinned. Forgive me and please pray for my weakness.
In light of my recent remarks, I felt compelled to do this.
Last night, a dear friend and I were reading in 1 Corinthians. After reading chapter 10 together, we discussed what our favourite verses were. They brought to my attention verse 24. For the benefit of you all, here is the verse:
Do not seek your own advantage, but that of the other. (1 Corinthians 10:24).
Now, after discussing this verse with them, being the stubborn individual that I am, I just let it slide. However, as I have come to realize, when God wishes to give you a message, He will do so by all means necessary. After praying last night, I sat down to read in the Sayings of the Desert Fathers. The title of the chapter was 'Self-Control' (go figure). One quote by Macarius jumped out at me, and I wanted to share it with you all:
It is easy to ignore a message once, but not so easy to ignore the same message twice. Thus, I felt it necessary to create this thread in order to apologize for my recent behaviour.Macarius said also, 'If you are stirred to anger when you want to reprove someone, you are gratifying your own passions. Do not lose yourself in order to save another.'
To those of you who may have doubts about whether or not God talks to you, I hope you learn from my experience that He most certainly does. It is we who do not listen to Him.
To all: I have sinned. Forgive me and please pray for my weakness.

Comments
God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness