Arius!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Okay I know that arius was a heretical person. But he changed many people know which people were they. church. Also any other Info about him and usabius who was his "Back". Please provide where you got the info. Websites and books to prove your info. Please  AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Thank you   

WEBSITES AND BOOKS OR ANY OTHER PLACES FOUND INFORMATION

Comments

• Hi,
    If you want to know more about arius then put it in wikipedia or ask for an official church history books to clarify it even more.
    Arius (AD ca 250/256 - 336) was a Christian priest in Alexandria, Egypt in the early fourth century. In about the year 318, he got into a dispute with his bishop, Saint Alexander of Alexandria, maintaining against him that the Son of God was not consubstantial or coeternal with God the Father, but that there was "once" in eternity, before he was begotten, that he did not exist.
    This meant that he denied the holy trinity and didn't accept it at all and that Jesus wasn't tere at the begining of the world. This was proven wrong by saint Athanasius of Alexandria with reference to John 1v1-2: "In the begining was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the begining."
    There were a few bishops who supported this but people ignored them after Arius' death. Today a few churches have a simillar concept such as a few Unitarianists who even reduced Jesus to being just human.
    I hope you can find more info on this
    Pray for me
  • It seems as though you are doing a school project with which you need citations. The synexarium will provide info. I haven't tested this, but if you go to copticchurch.net, there is a synexarium. Type in Arius, and Possibly you'll find info.

PK
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=5821.msg78225#msg78225 date=1192123435]
    It seems as though you are doing a school project with which you need citations. The synexarium will provide info. I haven't tested this, but if you go to copticchurch.net, there is a synexarium. Type in Arius, and Possibly you'll find info.

PK

Been there done that found nothing.

I need to now where you found that info from. I know it's general but still. Citations.

No it's not a school project, but I was talking to a Ap World History teacher who is very intelligent and need proofs so that i can prove my point
  • AP... Ok I think in that case you better do the reading for yourself... See this book...

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=31161.4&netp_id=175234&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

This whole series I believe is out of print now so this is probably the only place you can buy this book. However, it has most of St. Athansius's writings, including On the Incarnation of the Word.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=topic=5821.msg78233#msg78233 date=1192142794]
    AP... Ok I think in that case you better do the reading for yourself... See this book...

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=31161.4&netp_id=175234&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

This whole series I believe is out of print now so this is probably the only place you can buy this book. However, it has most of St. Athansius's writings, including On the Incarnation of the Word.

That book is on the cite www.ccel.org but thanks for helping.