How does one become a Priest?

2»

Comments

• Severus,
    The process to becoming a priest takes a long time. It needs to be selected by the congregation, verified by a priest, consent of a bishop, and then the consent of the Pope himself. Then, you become ordained a priest, then you go to the monastery for 40 days, and after all that THEN you are officially a priest. I am just saying, Severus, you must be a man of great patience to endure the duty of priesthood.
  • The Nicene and Post- Nicene Fathers Series I believe is a must read for any Christian... It's actually more like a textbook that contains most of St. Athanasius's writings. It can be found here: www.christianbooks.com. Just run a search for it and you'll get all the volumes in the series.
  • What does this series entail?
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=5773.msg78137#msg78137 date=1191969492]
    Doesn't everyone get a chance to learn?

There is a problem, if you will. I live an hour away from my COC. I only get to be there on Sunday...it's not a good situation at all.

I just began serving regularly in late July/early August as a deacon. I love every minute of it, but it will take a while before I catch on to everything that goes on. Speaking of which, are there any instructional videos of a Liturgy? I'd like to really tear down the Liturgy into steps and discover the purpose of each step. Of course, in-depth notation would accompany this, but where to find such a video...

Hahahaha, honestly, I don't know what your complaining about. I live 2 and a half hours away and i'm usually one of the first people there, and I attend Asheya. 55 miles is nothing compared to my 130 miles. Just push yourself a little. Once you get in the car, it's nothing.