edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
aghaby everyone,
i had a question on mi mind.  pretty much all who do good and r orthodox go to heaven.  but ovbviously some ppl dont go to haeaven.  now plzz dont get me rong, im not judging agenst anybodi. 
umm so do catholics, protestants go 2 heaven.  also, wat if someone had lke no religion and they didnt do anything bad.  would they  go 2 heaven becuz their innocent.  so, wen i asked this to somebodi b4, they said no becuz they stil do something rong.  they r not officialy w/ Christ.  is that correct. 

/
mahareel
plzz p4m sister in Christ

Comments

• First of all, I'm sure some catholics go to Heaven and other orthdox people. Secondly, i wouldn't worry about where others are going until you have for sure secured your spot in heaven. In other words, stay focused on your eternity before you focus on others. now i'm not saying don't help friends out when they need help spiritually but don't do it to a point that you forget about yours
  • Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

well yes catholics do go to heaven. it doesnt matter by there religion. you are all one in Christ!

and well somebody has no religion, he still heard of Jesus Christ- everybody in teh world probably has. so that might be his mistake, but im not sure of this part of the question. sorry

Pray for me
  • Yes lets not forget that alot of people may go to heaven
    but not all of them will see God, for only the baptized will.

And only Baptism by immersion will cut it.
  • Only God decides who will go to Heaven.

Since He is the only Just Judge, that is as it should be.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • I thought Orthodox just do not know Gods mind towards other christians... we can not even say some Catholics or Protestants will go to heaven.. but it seems so

Do you have any evidence that the orthodox church believes some people may go to heaven but not see God? do you have any evidence that any unbaptised person and someone without the Holy Spirit can go to heaven? Don't we get the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Holy Chrismation?

I guess we just can not know if God would allow others to have the Holy Spirit.. but maybe the Orthodox Church believes other christians do not have the Holy Spirit and maybe they are correct

• [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5715.msg76306#msg76306 date=1188531327]
    First of all, I'm sure some catholics go to Heaven and other orthdox people. Secondly, i wouldn't worry about where others are going until you have for sure secured your spot in heaven. In other words, stay focused on your eternity before you focus on others. now i'm not saying don't help friends out when they need help spiritually but don't do it to a point that you forget about yours

heyy jydeacon, plzz dont get me rong, im not trying to think or help anyone in specific.  this question was juss on mi mind since a couple yrs bak!!

umm so technically does anyone no or can explain the last part.  thank u for ur responses soo far!

/
    mahareel
  • Oh yes, i'm sure, i was just trying to make a point sorry if it seemed like i was directing it at you in a harsh way thats not how i meant it at all. sorry for the confusion
  • o no its okay i juss wanted to let u no!!  l0l no offense taken

/
    mahraeel
  • this will answer ALL ur questions about this topic:

Topic: Salvation
  • kol thxx that was helpful..  but let me get this sttaight:  anyone not christian does not go 2 heaven. 

sryy if it sounds a little harshly. 

/
    mahareel
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=5715.msg76342#msg76342 date=1188574649]
    kol thxx that was helpful..  but let me get this sttaight:  anyone not christian does not go 2 heaven. 

sryy if it sounds a little harshly. 

they will be judged on what they know of God. and seeing how chritianity is every where now and they just deny it, then they wouldn't get to heaven.
  • okay thxx agen for all th great resonses

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister sister in Christ
  • People who say this will go to heaven and that will not, put themselves in God's place. That is wrong. Who are we to judge others. This is God's business.
  • heyy john_paul_elia,

i juss wondered, isi t rong to ask.  im very curious and i would juss lke to understand the topik.  ::)i dont meen to offend anybodi lke i said b4. 

/
    mahraeel
  • [quote author=john_paul_elia link=topic=5715.msg76410#msg76410 date=1188810682]
    People who say this will go to heaven and that will not, put themselves in God's place. That is wrong. Who are we to judge others. This is God's business.

ur not judging others in that full meaning. ur just comparing urself and others and how everyone uses what God said. if God promised u salavtion if u do that and this and that....than it's ur rit to ask for that salvation.
  • Dear Mahraeel,
    It is not wrong to ask. But as human being, do we have an answer? I am sure that all Christians who are pure will enjoy eternal life with Jesus. Other religions cannot enjoy being with Jesus. But in my personal opinion, a non-christian man who lives in a place that never heard about jesus and lives as good as christian, he will have other ways of enjoyment. Definately not with Jesus
  • I am reminded of the words of St. Isaac of Nineveh:

Never say that God is just. If he were just you would be in hell. Rely only on His injustice which is mercy, love and forgiveness.

Kyrie Eleison,

Anglian
  • thanks everyboddii bi the wya good quote. 

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister iN Christ
  • Yes, but we can all agree that Jesus said:
    "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

Therefore, how can a non-Christian be saved?

But also, God created us all, even the non-Christians. Why wouldn't he want them to be with their Creator?

I believe that it's out of our capabilites to understand how God will judge. We can try to contemplate it, but ultimately, it's still not possible.
  • Dear Severus,

You are so right - it is a mystery how those who have never known Him can be saved - but He who saves such sinners as ourselves made the heavens and the earth, and nothing is beyond His mighty power. In St. John 10:16 we read

10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • The question is wrong. All we know is that if we, having been revealed the truth, if we do not strive and run the race, with the grace and power of God, then it is us in danger of brimstone.

And we have not been revealed the whole truth, for our minds are simple, and our hearts are not yielding, no matter how holy as human we are. It should hold that the Holy Spirit will work with the heterodox as much as their minds and hearts can understand, with those who are earnest for the God that so obviously exists- for all the creation screams His Name.

If we have been entrusted with the Gospel, and are given the ministry to preach the Gospel and do not, we have done them disservice. But it is the Holy Spirit that does the work in allowing us and they to hear and to act on the words that God reveals to us.

God is just. Remember how Christ healed the Centurion's son? How He healed the soldier's ear? How He spoke with the Samaritan? How He judged abominable cities like Sidon and Gommorah, even though they had no Law?

God didn't just let the rest of the world who have no access to the Gospel free. He still blesses them, and punishes them and brings out virtue among them. He honours faith- even the faith of the Gentiles who had little understanding of Judaism at the time of Christ.
  • [quote author=Anglian link=topic=5715.msg76461#msg76461 date=1188942212]
    I am reminded of the words of St. Isaac of Nineveh:

Never say that God is just. If he were just you would be in hell. Rely only on His injustice which is mercy, love and forgiveness.

Kyrie Eleison,

Anglian

St. Isaac the Ninevite did not mean just in judging because no human can reach heaven. Only through God, we may reach heaven. St. Isaac meant that God was unjust in judging. Other than that, St. Isaac intends that God is just in everything else. God is more just than we can imagine (for everything other than judging), and is less just than we can imagine.
  • A priest read a verse to me once. it said something like the only way u can get into heaven is getting baptized. that is the key so if they didn't get baptized i guess no. but i've heard that there are levels of heaven. is that true?
  • yea i herd of levels too.  im prteei sure thats correct.  well yea corect me if im rong

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in christ